PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new site ready for a critique

williamross
03-17-2010, 12:42 PM
So I decided it was finally time I made a site for myself. :) It's an attempt to help the small business owners out there who are online novices.

Let me know what you think!

Video Tutorials for Small Business Website Development & Online Marketing (http://www.williamrossmethod.com)

dynocat
03-17-2010, 03:01 PM
One quick comment. There is a spelling error in your left column,
I had a client ask me about Google Groups and weather or not it was worth exploring as a marketing avenue. The answer is NO!

williamross
03-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Many thanks!

Paper Shredder Clay
03-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Overall it's not bad. But there are two main things that bug me. One is Ross being upside down and two the graphics where it looks like a drop down box. The only time I would use such graphics is well for a drop down box. But that is my nit-picking.

williamross
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the input... I've made some revisions. I don't know about everyone else but I don't think I've ever been completely satisfied with any design :)

Business Attorney
03-18-2010, 01:10 AM
I have one minor peeve - I don't like to see Google adsense on a site that is trying to sell me something. Besides, do you really want someone to click away from your site once you got them there, simply to pick up a few cents from Google?

Spider
03-18-2010, 10:05 AM
I like it. Very professional. The wide center column with a narrower left and right column is my preferred layout.

Don't like the Google ads, Don't like the fixed page width, nor the fixed font size.

Your title banner is much better than the first one you presented, although I'm not sure about the top banner bumping against the top margin.

Clean, smart appearance. Good job!