PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask for a quick favour?

Patrysha
03-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I am doing a survey of small business owners serving a local market regarding my upcoming seminars on marketing and publicity for small business.

I am hoping that those on this forum that description applies to would be willing to do a quick (it's four questions, all multiple choice) survey for me. The goal is to set up my free presentations so that really speak to the issues you (and other small business owners like you) really want to hear about.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Here's the survey link...
Teleseminar Survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6DZ8FRP)

vangogh
03-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. Survey taken. I'm not exactly someone who only serves a local market, but I looked at the questions and they seemed to apply well enough to me.

One thing I'd add here is the time of attending. For me it's usually not a specific time of day or week, but more what I already have scheduled at the time of the presentation. I checked all the times that were roughly lunchtime Monday through Friday, but truthfully any time of day is fine. It's more dependent on the specifics of that day.

What you might want to do and have probably already considered is making sure the presentation is available online for viewing or download after the live presentation. There have been lots of phone/online presentations I wanted to attend, but couldn't. Most of the time if the presentation is available for download later, I will download and listen/watch when I can.

Patrysha
03-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I record all my presentations and try (when I can) to get transcription of the recordings done as well.

But...I've discovered that people who don't attend the live call often don't listen to the recording or read the transcripts either. So I want to be able to attract the largest live audience I can.

The only exception I've found for that is with paid seminar presentations, but I wanted to make this first series free as I work on refining my presentation and delivery. I'll likely do each topic several times in slightly different ways as I fine-tune.

vangogh
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
That makes sense. I can only tell you about me and how I end up watching. I've often found some I really do want to attend, but the timing generally doesn't work for me. I do grab the recording as long as there's a later message letting me know it's available.

Patrysha
03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks to everyone who contributed! I've set up a schedule of events for next week on the topics suggested...so we'll see how that goes :-) I probably should have rolled them out one at a time for better results...but I am horribly impatient and just want to get some practice in before I present live at the end of this month...

If you're interested the registration page for them all is at Event Registration - Small Business Integrated Marketing Consultant and Speaker (http://pkmarketingsolutions.com/event-registration/)

prova.fm
06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I know I'm several months late, but I added my vote (hoping to see the results). Did you do a presentation on publicity (local)? I'd love to see/hear it.

Thanks,
-David

Patrysha
06-23-2010, 08:39 PM
I did it, it was craptastic so I ditched the recordings after sending them out to the people who registered.

I am going to try again in the fall...

Meanwhile if there's anything you want to know...just ask :-) Or hit me up on my website and we can schedule a free consult. Local publicity is mostly about finding the right angle and timing and finding the right connections...and summer is a fantastic time to get into traditional media. Between all the vacations going on in the PR and Journalist side of things there gets to be a summer casual sort of code of conduct...second easiest time of year for a do it yourself-er with a good story and a bit of savvy to get coverage.