PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Painter Guy
02-22-2010, 04:42 PM
What a great site. A brief intro... I own a residential painting company. We've been established for almost 2 years. In those two years - I have yet to pick up a brush. My focus is to get clients for my painters. Hence, I joined this awesome site.

Currently, our website is displayed at the top of most organic searches in the areas we service. However, we only show up in one specific area on most maps (google, yahoo). I believe that is strictly based on our physical address. Is there a workaround for this problem? Thanks.

I am sure I will receive a lot more then I give on this forum due to me being a rookie. But, I will try to give as much as I can. Here is one that most of y'all probably already know but, I joined BNI about 6 months ago. This is one of the best marketing moves we made. Almost 70% of our sales in January were from BNI.

<please set up a signature>

vangogh
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks Painter Guy and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're working on your business instead of in it. Great job not having to pick up those brushes.

I'm assuming you have listings in the map services since you mention showing up. How those listings are ranked is a little more than physical location.

Here's a good article on local search ranking factors (http://www.davidmihm.com/local-search-ranking-factors.shtml). It's mainly a survey of several SEOs about what they think is important to local search. The results are compiled in a way to give you an idea of what they all considered important.

The person who put the whole thing together has been specializing in local search since the term was first invented so you may also want to click around the rest of his site.

Thanks for joining the community.

Painter Guy
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks Painter Guy and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're working on your business instead of in it. Great job not having to pick up those brushes.

I'm assuming you have listings in the map services since you mention showing up. How those listings are ranked is a little more than physical location.

Here's a good article on local search ranking factors (http://www.davidmihm.com/local-search-ranking-factors.shtml). It's mainly a survey of several SEOs about what they think is important to local search. The results are compiled in a way to give you an idea of what they all considered important.

The person who put the whole thing together has been specializing in local search since the term was first invented so you may also want to click around the rest of his site.

Thanks for joining the community.

Van - Thanks for responding. I appreciate and respect your input. Thanks.

Spider
02-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Welcome aboard.

Patrysha
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi Painter Guy...

KristineS
02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forum, Painter Guy.

Painter Guy
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. Now, let's talk some shop! I am looking for some good "call to actions". The reason I like this forum is because there are not a bunch of painters on it. So, as a non-painter what "call to action" items would turn you on? Thanks, in advance.

vangogh
02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Would you mind asking the question in a new thread? Let's keep this one for welcoming you. You'll likely get more and better response posting the question in a new thread and it's also good for the forum to have more threads with titles more relevant to what's inside.

Thanks. And since I asked a favor I promise I'll respond to the new thread.

cbscreative
02-26-2010, 02:29 PM
This isn't really the intros area, but since this is mostly about marketing I think we'll leave the thread here. With that said, welcome aboard. I did already read through your other thread, hopefully I'll get the chance to add some thoughts to it. You did receive some great responses though.

I think you are our first painter here, that's great. Maybe I already know you from a "crazy" place that seems to have a lot of painters, but I can't be sure. It looks like you're off to a very good start and I think you will like it here.

vangogh
02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
My bad. For some reason I was thinking this was an intro post. I see now it's not.

With calls-to-action you really have to experiment to see what works best. I assume one action you'd like people to take is to contact you about work. So what can you do.

You can provide as many possible ways as possible for people to contact you. A phone number, an email address, a contact form. People have their different preferred ways of getting in touch so if you want more people to contact you then you should offer as many ways as possible.

Make those points of contact visible too. Have your phone number and email be on every page. I have a contact form on all of the sales pages of my site. Make them visible too. Use a color that contrasts with use main colors, make your phone number larger.

You can also use action words. Instead of just listing the number add the words "Call Us" in front or above. With action words you want to use commands. You want to tell people what you want them to do. You might think it should be obvious that people who want to get in touch will see your phone number and know to call, but you'll get more of them to call if you tell them too.

huggytree
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
im also in a BNI group and a BRG group.

my 1st year in BNI i did $45k in sales, last year was $35k, this year its down further...every group evolves and some of the reasons are mine is evolving into a cheaper group...less high end people...high end people have high end friends...frugal people tent to have frugal friends. another reason is the economy...

over all BNI has been very good for my business too...look into BRG...its a similar group and can bring similar results...

Paul Elliott
03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I am looking for some good "call to actions". The reason I like this forum is because there are not a bunch of painters on it. So, as a non-painter what "call to action" items would turn you on?

PG, the first order of business is to learn to think like your customer. That will invariably lead to better calls to action.

What are the 3 most common questions your customers have of you when discussing their painting needs?

What are the 3 most common and greatest concerns your customers express about their painting projects?

We can give you better answers with the answers to these 2 categories.

BTW, welcome to the SBF. You'll love it here.

Paul