PDA

View Full Version : scheduling software

nealrm
02-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on a good scheduling software package. I need something that will allow us to sinc 2 computer, 2 handheld devices and allow us to print out a daily schedule. It will need to allow for both appointments with specific times and those that are anytime or "Afternoon" apointments. I would also like to be able to put in items pending scheduling.

vangogh
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Neal, I'm not entirely sure of what you're trying to do. Do you mind providing a little more detail about what you specifically need to do as part of your workflow. I have a hunch you may need to use more than one program to do what you want, but I'm not really sure exactly what you need to do.

nealrm
02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Sure Vangogh. I am trying to better streamline our scheduling. When a real estate agent calls us to photograph a home, a couple of things could happen. The best is that we can shoot the home anytime. The other option is that we will need to schedule with the owner. That could mean shooting the property anytime on ______, shoot it anytime in the afternoon on _____, or shoot it between 1-2pm. I would like a single system that keeps track of both the appointments and want we need to call and schedule.

On top this this, I want to be able to sync the system between 2 computers and 2 handheld devices.

vangogh
02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I think I understand. The phones can likely be synched with your computer without much hassle. In my case since both are Apple products I plug the iPhone into my Mac and synch them through iTunes. Depending on your phone you might be able to do the same thing.

However since a second computer is involved you might find it easies to use a Calendar from an online service. Google's Calendar comes to mind right away. Zimbra is another. That way you could update from any device and everything would immediately be synched since it's all on the company of choice's servers.

Alternatively you can set up an admin side of your site and add a calendar there. I don't know any off the top of my head, but I would imagine there are some open source and commercial calendar applications available.

The last option would be networking both computers and phones. If the computers are in the same location you should be able to network them easily enough. The calendar info could be stored in a central location or on one of the computers. The central all on location is the better option. The phones (depending on what kind) might be able to access the home computers or they may only be able to synch when physically connected.

The easier option is to have the calendar online somewhere so it's always updated in one place and then all the devices connect to it whenever they need to.

jsigns
02-19-2010, 12:05 AM
you may be able to just use the calender in your outlook express on your desktop it will schedule appointments & even send emails to the handhelds for upcomming events. It may not be real fancy but its free & may do most if not all of what your looking for?

Paper Shredder Clay
02-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Check out Project management, collaboration, and task software: Basecamp (http://basecamphq.com/) or Acuity Online Appointment Scheduling Software Features (http://www.acuityscheduling.com/about-appointment-scheduling-software.php)

I don't have any experience with either, but have heard of Basecamp before.