PDA

View Full Version : Disappearance on New Posts.

Spider
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
When one clicks on New Posts (Upper toolbar) you are taken to a large list of new posts - that is, posts you haven't viewed yet. But once you view them and go back to New Posts, what you read has disappeared, so it becomes difficult to find those posts again. And with so many forum and so many possible threads to search, most people (me, anyway) says, "Ah, forget it!" and I am inclined not to reply because I cannot easily find where to make my reply.

This also leads to fragmentation of the community.

May I suggest a visit to Success Forum and Motivation - SuccessVibe.com (http://www.successvibe.com/forum) andf see the small version of latest posts - that works very well and doesn't suffer from the disappearing post syndrome!

vangogh
08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
It should just be a setting I need to find and change. There are so many forum settings I know I haven't gotten to yet. I agree with you. I like when the new post link shows several pages worth of new threads and lets you know which have or haven't been updated since you last logged in.

I'll look for the setting now. Thanks for pointing it out.

vangogh
08-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I think this might be something I have to edit the template to show more posts. A temporary solution is to look under the quick links options and select today's posts. I think that's more what you want to see.

What I'll have to do is edit the template so new posts essentially shows what Today's Posts shows. Editing the template is on my list, but it might be a little while before I get to it.

Try Quick Links > Today's Posts for now and as soon as I can I'll make the change to the New Posts link. Thanks.