PDA

View Full Version : Keep a good thought

KristineS
08-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone,

Keep a good thought for me that the move goes smoothly tomorrow. I'd like it to be quick and efficient and painless. Here's hoping that's how it goes.

Paul Elliott
08-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Here's hoping and praying, Kristine. Let us know. :eek:

Paul <who'd rather take a bullet in the brain than move>

vangogh
08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
You know I will be. I take it everything is packed and it's now just waiting for the truck and tomorrow. Should be a busy, but exciting day tomorrow.

Evan
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Good luck Kristine!

Blessed
08-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Everything will be fine Kristine!

I think moving is exciting... guess when your an Air Force brat and you move 29 times before you are 15 years old that it's kinda natural to think that way though... :D

KarenB
08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi Kristine,

Good thoughts coming your way!

At the end of the day, when you're sitting there exhausted and looking at all the unpacked boxes around you, don't forget to take a well-deserved moment to relax, give yourself a toast and say, "Hey Kristine, you made it! Congratulations!"

(Just make sure to get your internet hooked up first so that you can update us on everything!) :)

Karen

Leatherneck
08-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi Kristine,

Good thoughts coming your way!

At the end of the day, when you're sitting there exhausted and looking at all the unpacked boxes around you, don't forget to take a well-deserved moment to relax, give yourself a toast and say, "Hey Kristine, you made it! Congratulations!"

(Just make sure to get your internet hooked up first so that you can update us on everything!) :)

Karen

That was a great idea about the computer Karen I'm glad I,,,, I mean you thought too mention it. Good luck Kristine and my prayers will be with you.

cbscreative
08-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats on your big day, Kristine. The main thing I think you will need is patience because it takes a while to settle in and make it "home." Just getting pictures on the walls can take a long time since the boxes in the living room seem to take forever to unpack, and usually just get moved so no one sees them. Being married, I know that the decorating is never complete for women. Us guys say, "Good enough," but that answer doesn't really cut it. If it helps, just think of everyone who would love to live in a disaster just to have a home of their own. Otherwise, you might frustrate yourself thinking it needs to be perfect fast.

KristineS
08-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Well, I got moved. We're 2 for 4 on the Charter services. Internet is up, telephone works. E-mail address didn't get moved from the old account to the new, which was news to me as I didn't know I was changing my account. They also did something funky to the television and I haven't figured out how to make that work yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm here, I'm sort of unpacked. I've washed a couple loads of clothes in my very own washer and dryer. The air conditioning is running so I'm nice and cool. I'm sore and exhausted, but the worst is over. I know unpacking and getting things the way I want them will take some time.

vangogh
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Woo Hoo! You're moved. 2 out of 4 isn't bad. Hopefully by tomorrow it'll be 4 out of 4 and you'll have a few more things unpacked and the place will begin to feel like home.

Paul Elliott
08-24-2008, 03:44 AM
Hooray for Kristine!! Get some rest. You've earned it.

Paul

Leatherneck
08-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Glad you made it Kristine! Now what time did you say the house warming party is? :D

KristineS
08-24-2008, 07:30 AM
There will be a housewarming party. I'm not sure when yet. Right now the place is in chaos, so it may be a few weeks. I wish all you guys could come. That would be so cool.

vangogh
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
We can always have a virtual house warming part too. We'll be at the real one in spirit.

KristineS
08-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Do I get virtual housewarming presents?

vangogh
08-24-2008, 12:20 PM
I've already ordered your virtual toaster. I think a virtual postman should be delivering it virtually any day now.

KristineS
08-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I guess virtual presents are better than no presents.

I'll have to get some virtual bread for the virtual toaster.

vangogh
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
The virtual toaster I sent you makes toast in virtually no time at all.

KarenB
08-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I'll provide some "virtual assistance". :)

Karen

vangogh
08-24-2008, 05:56 PM
C'mon Karen. It's a party. You're not supposed to work. :)

KristineS
08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Not so fast, vangogh. I still have unpacking to do. Assistance would be greatly appreciated

vangogh
08-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I guess a little virtual assistance is just the thing then. I hope I didn't scare Karen off, bit somehow I doubt anything I do is going to scare Karen away.

KristineS
08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Actually, real assistance would be awesome too. I need to see if I can scare some up.