PDA

View Full Version : Who teach local internet marketing ?

JockPurtle
02-03-2010, 05:07 AM
DOes anyone know of a product or person that teaches internet marketing for local businesses ?

Patrysha
02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Me :-)

I have seminars and a training course :-)

JockPurtle
02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
How is that going for you, are you running seminars etc.

Also

Ideally who the so called gurus are that have their own products

Anyone that comes to mind

Plus the main local IM blogs

Patrysha
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
It's going well.

The seminars and workshops I do are not ones that I run/host. I go in as a public speaker/presenter...things like Chambers of Commerce, Associations and Business Groups.

I don't follow gurus religiously. However, I highly respect Andrew Cavanagh and am a member of his forum, you can find the link in my sidebar on the right under recommended business sites.

There are others like Maria something or another, and there's another guy with something called Cash Cow, but while I have looked at their free stuff, I haven't been compelled at all to go further...too much hype, not enough substance.

As for blogs, I kind of just follow along and find articles and information as it seems relevant. Lots tend to come from Marketing Sherpa, AdAge, Retail Prophet, Entrepreneur, Inc.,

BizPals
02-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I would be very careful of people who call themselves internet marketing "gurus", you should definitely check their background before listening to their advice. I do not know anyone that would be able to help you locally, but I have learned a lot by following people on twitter (ex. John Janstch: the author of "Duct Tape Marketing", Anita Campbell CEO of smallbiztrends, Gary Vaynerchuck of Vayner media has alot of good tips on online branding). Seth Godin, also has great tips on online marketing. All of the people I mentioned also have websites if you do not use twitter.

Let me know if this helped,
BizPals

rocket182
03-09-2010, 12:12 AM
I agree with you on the "gurus" . If they can offer cheap products to you and value; I'm interested. Not the $2000 ecourse that doesn't get you anywhere.

I coach small business owners to market online. It's replacing old methods of marketing like tv and newspaper ads.

There's just a much better ROI.

Let's network!

David Espino
03-11-2010, 02:25 AM
My team and I do offline business consulting.

We also offer a free video training course that gives great value for local business owners. (see my sig below)

Being a consultant to offline businesses is a wide open market with plenty of demand and, as an internet marketer, the value you can provide to your local business clients is really dramatic!

Dave

SEOStrategiesByTJ
04-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I'll throw my name in the hat. Check out my website for training classes.