PDA

View Full Version : credit card processors...

Money And Mass
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Here's my problem, most crredit card processors want you to get a signature or have an authorization form filled out by your customer for credit card transactions over the phone. That destroys my business model, I cant expect to sign someone up on the phone with a slick sales pitch to get their credit card number and then be like " um now were guna fax u a authorization form to sign so that you cant back out on this, okay?" Hou stupid is that? I've got a two-three minute pitch that gets their credit card number before they even have time to think..."scam?" I'm not a scam but my script works and I'm legit.

How do I find a processor that will let me accept credit cards over the phone and then just process it on my computer?

My last processor lied to me and told me that the way I was doing business was fine but after 7 transactions they audited my account and held my all my money from my my last 6 transactions... then cancelled me!

Any ideas?

Or is any body using a processor right now that allowes this type of transaction? I know their out there it's weeding through all the salesmen that lie and say that they can work with you then sign you up just to take your money.

Thanks guys

MrGamma
01-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't understand the issue you are running into at the moment. To my knowledge you just need a credit gateway service. That's what is required in Canada at the very least. There was a deregulation or regulation of sorts years ago which required merchant accounts at the bank to pass through a third party credit gateway service.

I am not a lawyer. But can you not just go with one of those services, and as the user supplies their info to you, input the credit card information directly on the computer yourself? Or in another scenario... walk them through the payment process online?

I am assuming you are having issues with the client charging back on the transaction? Or are credit processing services closing down the account due to a breach in their guidelines?

pete
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
OK, let's recap.

You've got this admittedly slick pitch that gets the sucker to turn over his card info to you so quickly they don't even realize it and you wonder why they canceled you?

And you expect all of us who hate getting calls from slick asses like you to help you out?

Am I reading this correctly?

MrGamma
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
And you expect all of us who hate getting calls from slick asses like you to help you out?

Am I reading this correctly?

I don't think that's what he's saying. I mean he isn't reselling ipods, or selling energy contracts like Google.

To each their own right? I mean how much money does one make money reselling paypal these days? I thought the reseller program was over...

billbenson
01-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Most credit card processors offer a vertual terminal where you key in the order and charge the card on your pc. No forms from the processor need to be filled out.

If you got audited and they didn't like you, it sounds like you're getting a lot of chargebacks or something else is wrong.

What are you selling?

Money And Mass
01-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Mr Gamma,

the issue is that I'm having NO chargebacks ( NOT ONE, NOT EVEN CLOSE ) and my client base lose my products. I go out of my way to keep my custos happy

The problem with the processor I had was that one custo gave me wrong info for his credit card and it was declined 2 or 3 times on the 3rd or 4th try (after giving me the right info) it went through and he was happy. This is why the processor (Pipeline Data corp.) audited me AND held all my money.(not worried about the money)

I just need to know if anyone out there has a processor that will help. I know that they are out there becuase my competitors do business the same way( I've alreay got one of their processors wanting to sign me up and I'll prob go with them but I need back up so that I'm not shut down for weeks again...) Thanks guys-except for pete:mad:

Money And Mass
01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Mr Gamma,

the issue is that I'm having NO chargebacks ( NOT ONE, NOT EVEN CLOSE ) and my client base lose my products. I go out of my way to keep my custos happy

The problem with the processor I had was that one custo gave me wrong info for his credit card and it was declined 2 or 3 times on the 3rd or 4th try (after giving me the right info) it went through and he was happy. This is why the processor (Pipeline Data corp.) audited me AND held all my money.(not worried about the money)

I just need to know if anyone out there has a processor that will help. I know that they are out there becuase my competitors do business the same way( I've alreay got one of their processors wanting to sign me up and I'll prob go with them but I need back up so that I'm not shut down for weeks again...) Thanks guys-except for pete:mad:

They love my products *typo*

KristineS
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
We take credit card numbers over the phone all the time. We use Paypal Websites Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal and have never had a problem. You might check that out and see if it would work for you.

Vivid Color Zack
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Sooo... what the heck are you selling that you need them to sign a non-opt out (is that a real phrase?) agreement? If you have zero history of chargebacks why are you so worried about people canceling their payment?

For your processor to freeze all of your incoming funds just for one transaction being entered incorrectly is ridiculous - even if it was 7 times. Get away from them as quickly as possible regardless of contract fees or anything else. That is a load of crap unless there is something else going on that we don't know about.

edit: oh you said they cancelled your account - PERFECT! - you don't want to deal with them anyway.

Paypal is kind of limited - a little more expensive monthly than some others out there - and in my mind seems a little less credible. When someone wants to take paypal payment from me and I'm not buying something from ebay I am always a little more cautious. Paypal is pretty quick to refund your money if the customer complains too, so if you haven't transferred money from paypal to your account they can still pull it back from you.

BillingManager - from intuit - is a route I would look into. You can have customers pay their invoice on their own online, or you can input it yourself from any computer with an internet connection while you're on the phone with a customer.

See what your bank can offer you as far as a merchant services solution. Most providers have some kind of virtual terminal available but depending on your needs it might be good to go with something like billingmanager where you have invoicing and estimating capabilities too. Managing that stuff on your own gets messy fast. 3rd party providers often have higher rates and take longer to deposit your money into your account - and are very commonly shady. Check out ripoffreport.com and see how many merchant services companies are scamming. After switching to my bank I am MUCH happier with the service and efficiency we have.

Money And Mass
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Vivid Color Zack;27685]Sooo... what the heck are you selling that you need them to sign a non-opt out (is that a real phrase?) agreement? If you have zero history of chargebacks why are you so worried about people canceling their payment? QUOTE]

I'm selling ad space, I'm not worried about my custos cancelling, I'm just worried about getting another processor that rips me off and screws me from getting another processor, its not like I owe them money, THEY OWE ME.

CHECK THIS OUT... I mentioned that "FirstData" had been blowin up my phone since I decided not to go with them ( maybe that was a different thread IDK ) anyway they called me back ande acted like they were going to come through for me but guess what... THEY SAID THAT IM TMF NOW!!! That stands for "terminated merchant ...somthing" Pipeline data ( my original processor ) listed me as a TMF! can you belive that? Over nothing, so now Im totaly screwed with almost all domestic processors... UH what a pain in my... Terrible company. Any way I've been lookin into offshore merchant accounts all day, Bermuda, Holland, India, Ireland, China... What a nightmare BEWARE OF PIPELINE DATA. I talked to the owner of a domestic righ risk processor today thats acting like he can help ( I think he's full of it ) but he said that "pipeline data" is always real quick to screw people over. I filed a complaint with the bbb... we'll see what happens.

Anybody body got any experiance with offshore processors?

dynocat
01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm selling ad space...

Why type of ad space would put in the high risk merchant category? Seems strange to me.

Vivid Color Zack
01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
I would be terrified of using an offshore processor. Spend the effort you're putting into finding an offshore processor into figuring out how to clear your name.

Talk to a bank like I said before - there has to be a way to contest your TMF or to get a new account with that on there.

Really can't imagine any processor cutting you off because of a mis-input of information 7 times... That's just not reasonable in any possible way. If there's more to the story that you don't want to talk about that's fine, but I don't think anyone here can help you without more info.

billbenson
01-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds more like the orders are something against the T's & C's. Adult or other markets with a lot of charge backs perhaps? There are credit card processors for those, but the regular ones won't touch high chargeback products.

Money And Mass
01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
The info was put in wrong only 3 time at the most maybe twice I dont remember. But the only other fact as far as you saying that there must be more to the story is that once they audited my account they realized that I was not having my custos sign an authorization form and that was a braech of contact. BUT when I signed up the salesman said that I didn't need to do that on a card not present transaction. I should have read the t&c ya!

I'm trying to get taken off the list but my old processor is denying even puttin on it! and they are the only one that can take me off....

I dont know what to do...

yoyoyoyoyo
01-15-2010, 08:39 PM
are you allowed to have your customers sign a T&C agreement electronically, or put a check in to a box At The Time of Purchase and call that valid?

I can't see how your bad experience with this one virtual processor can prevent you from finding another one in the states.

It sounds a little strange, no offense, that you'd just be looking to get a foreign solution like- right away, considering there are so many in the states that you can (and probably SHOULD) go with before risking your business on some perhaps unproven, foreign entity- which may or may not be nothing else but a kid sitting in his mother's basement.

It just doesn't make sense why you would just think, all the sudden, "now I have to look into a different country to provide me this service!" sounds unreasonable. Or, do you have an idea why that might be a reasonable solution for you?

Not criticizing, I am all ears, just trying to understand what it is you're going through. Thanks.

Money And Mass
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
yoyoyoyoyo,

It just seems like all the domestic processors have salesmen that sign you up for their commision bonus and lie to you to get it.... Then once the processor has you a client in a contract they realize everything is not on the "up and up" becuase youre under the asumption that you can do things a certain way becuase the salesman lied to you to get his bonus. So the risk dept calls you and says that youre not operating according to their contract so their going to audit you, hold your money, and then cancel you. This has been my experiance...

However I used to be a salesman for a local processor where I have got a contact that I atleast know.... So, he is supposed to sign me up, I'm getting all the T&C monday to read over. He says that on a card not present transaction through a gateway, I dont need any signature, I shall see come monday... He's a good guy as far as I know the company has an A- with bbb, the ecommerce / gateway company has an A+ and the bank is Merrick bank, which from what I've seen online has alot of complaints, and as far as I know is not registerd with the bbb. But that doesn't mean any thing about the processor right? All the bad reports about merrick are regarding loans and credit cards, so... As long as the processors are good to go, I should be fine? maybe? Yalls thoughts....

Money And Mass
01-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh ya!

and I recently found out that I'm NOT on the TMF list!!!! Hahahaha thats SOOO funny.
The guy that told me I was... I called him back to see if he could tell me who put me on it... Guess what he said "I didn't say TMF I said GNF" so whats that? I ask... " That just means you have bad credit..." OOOH! thanks for clearing that up. guess you could have expanded on that just a little for me, they do sound the same... An thats the reason that yall cant accept my business... Whatever Merchant Warehouse, sub for first data...

OH first data! let me tell you guiys about "first DATA" I get a call from a "independent salesman" from first data... okay, This guy calls me and uses horrible language and was not professional at all ( now rember that I have applied with first data at their main office and they coulnt accept me becuase I coul't send them a "picture" ID ) but I still get a call from this guy so I tell him about my previous app with first data but he still wants to sign me up... Itell him that I dont have a opicture ID and ask if he can still do it for me. Suddenly his supervisor gets on the phone ( like he had been listening the whole time ) ansd starts yelling at me " WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO COMMIT FRAUD !!? " Im not trying to commit fraud Im just asking a question, the he interupted me and continued yelling " YOURE TRYING TO COMMIT FRAUD ! YOURE A CRIMMINAL ! IF YOU WERE DENIED BY FIRST DATA WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING WITH US ! " well yall called me acting like yall can help,- again he didn't let me finish " YOU DONT DESERVE TO RUN A BUSINESS ! YOURE A CRIMMINAL ! GO PROCESSES WITH SOMEONE ELSE WERE NOT GOING TO HELP YOU ! " then hung up on me. Can you guys believe that? how unprofessional...