PDA

View Full Version : Official Date Of Business Formation?

KingHippo
08-21-2008, 03:58 PM
For those of you who have used a website to form their LLC, do you know if the final package gives you an official date of your business formation? If not, what is the official date? Is it when the articles were registered with the secretary of state?

orion_joel
08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I would expect that it is the date that the secretary of state has on record. I actually received a certificate of registration when i registered my business in Australia, and this listed the date on it. I am unsure if they have such a system in the US, however you would think that they would have something that they send you to recognize the business as being registered.

vangogh
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I can't remember the date now, but I think the date I filed for a trade name with the state would be the official date date of my business formation. You know I think the anniversary of my business is coming up before too long. I think it's in early October, though don't hold me to that.

Evan
08-24-2008, 12:09 AM
It depends. You could specify a date in the future, in which case it's "birth date" isn't until that date in the future. Otherwise, it often is the date they processed it. They'll mail you the paperwork with all the "birth" information.

Don't expect a weight though. The state is very cognizant of the obesity epidemic.

Marcomguy
08-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Don't expect a weight though. The state is very cognizant of the obesity epidemic.

Not a problem there. When I registered the trade name my business weighed a skinny $0.