PDA

View Full Version : Hello

GoodPho~D
12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
I hope everybody is doing good. I just wanted to introduce myself before I started posting on here. To start off I'm 22 of age and got interested in business at the age of 18 when I was recommended to read a book by Robert T. Kiyosaki called "Cash flow quadrant" ever since than I've been on a mission to seek out financial education.
Currently I'm at the stage where I am trying to build an e business in entertainment with MMORPGs "massive multi online role playing game" but is having some problems building a team, finding a mentor and funding the business. I became a member of site in hopes of net working, find some answers that I have been longing to be answer and of course to give my 2 cents on what I have come along to know about building a business in hopes to answer anyone's questions or concerns. I look forward to chatting with you guys.
GoodPho

Business Attorney
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a great group of business people here with a wide range of interests and expertise. Join in!

vangogh
12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum GoodPho. Quite an undertaking to build a MMORPG site as your first business. (Is this your first business?) You're certainly going to need a good programming team and I suspect it will take a good deal of time to get the game right.

Is there any way you could launch something smaller at first just to bring in some money and build up the brand? Something to pay the bills while you find a team and it builds the game?

We do have some good people here. Hopefully we can give you some ideas and learn from some of yours.

Thanks for joining the community.

cvsols
12-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Welcome GoodPho! This forum is full of great resourceful people who are always wiling to help.
Susan

GoodPho~D
12-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the forum GoodPho. Quite an undertaking to build a MMORPG site as your first business. (Is this your first business?) You're certainly going to need a good programming team and I suspect it will take a good deal of time to get the game right.

Is there any way you could launch something smaller at first just to bring in some money and build up the brand? Something to pay the bills while you find a team and it builds the game?

We do have some good people here. Hopefully we can give you some ideas and learn from some of yours.

Thanks for joining the community.

Thank you all for the warm welcoming.
Yes building a MMORPG is quite a challenge! I have been designing the game now for about 2 years and have been test playing it on paper, changing and modifying it. It is quite the game, amazing and runs smooth. I really was looking into something smaller to bring in some money to help build it like network marketing but I always thought I couldn't put in the 110% to this if i was trying to build my own business I just couldn't do it, plus with all the other benefit that you would get from operating through a corporate body. A lot of people such as family and friends have offered me good network marketing opportunities but I have turn them down.
Starting something small to build my brand is something I have looked into but somehow always ended up costly or I'm just not thinking hard enough.

vangogh
12-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I can understand that. I know when I first went into business for myself I didn't have a lot of money and the smart thing would have been to hang on to my day job or at least find some part time work.

I knew it would be hard for me to devote time and energy to a job and then work to get my business going and the only way to get the business going was to put in 100% of my time and energy into it.

cbscreative
12-22-2009, 02:07 PM
First, welcome.

Second, I think you made a good decision to turn down the NM opportunities. Even the best ones require a ton of time and effort with payoff lagging way behind (if you get it at all). You have to live and breathe it to make it. On the plus side, you receive some good business training at a fairly low cost, but still not a great deal IMO. I think the effort required has better payoff just running your own biz.

I believe you'll find this place to be very beneficial as you step out into owning your own business. Feel free to take advantage of the forum by searching through areas where you need to gain a better understanding.

KristineS
12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

The Entrepreneurs Network
12-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find that there is a lot of people here that are willing to help. Good luck with your business venture.