PDA

View Full Version : Flash Christmas Card

Dan F
12-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I've received a christmas flash card this week which I thought it's very nice. It's not the usual christmas card with moving 'Merry Christmas' (and the like), it was quite long, like a one minute flash movie about Christmas. I loved it so much that I ended up showing it to my family and sending it to my friends.

I need something similar to send to our loyal clients via e-mail, or perhaps linked in the monthly newsletter. What do you guys think?

vangogh
12-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Do you know if the card was custom created for whoever sent it to you or was it one they found online?

I think if you create one specifically for your business it can be a good thing. However you probably need to watch what you say and who you send it to. Maybe it shouldn't be the case, but if you send a Christmas card to someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas they could be offended. If it's a more generic happy holidays card you probably won't offend.

Dan F
12-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Not it wasn't a custom made, is it expensive to hire someone to make a custom made one?

I understand your point about Christmas, the card didn't really include Christmas, but rather the celebrations. Oh well, I can show it to you as well!

E-Cards, Animated Greeting Cards and Online Greetings by Jacquie Lawson (http://jacquielawson.com/)

It's name is The Christmas Pony.

vangogh
12-20-2009, 04:46 PM
That is well done. I also watched the Toys Under the Tree one too. I'm not sure how much it would cost to have one custom done, but it looks like a lot of work went into those cards. Flash work is usually more expensive than other web work so I can see where someone would charge you a few hundred to make not quite as a good a card.

As far as some people being offended, I think most people would be fine with most any type of card. You just never know.

Wow. I was just checking out some of the other cards she has on the site. They really are well done.

Paper Shredder Clay
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Whether or not its expensive depends on who you have to do it. A good flash person, will charge a decent amount, and depending on the rush of it. I know that where I work they budget on spending over $1000 for basic splash screen of animation. It also depends on how long you want it. You might be able to find a local college student to do it cheap, but you will need to give them adequate time for the creation. If you want to go with cheap check out https://www.getafreelancer.com/ or do a search on craigslist.

Dan F
12-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the info, but it's a little too late now :p

vangogh
12-22-2009, 02:20 AM
C'mon, you still have a couple more days to get those cards out. I'm sure Flash designers everywhere are looking for some last minute work right before the holidays. :)

Dan F
12-22-2009, 07:11 AM
It's not my business actually, and I don't take these type of decisions. The owner (actually he's the general director as it's now a company limited) said it's too late. It's much much larger than mine, I'm only a sole trader.

Anyways, I will be searching for something I can use for my business. I will send it to the facebook fans :) Do you think it will look unprofessional if I had to send them a link to a flash card via PM on facebook? obviously the link should be with a personal message.

chirozz
01-01-2010, 04:46 AM
I think flash cards is a good idea to attract people to visit your website, they can be pleased if you are sending at the right time, and I think it's another form of showing appreciation to our valid customers.

vangogh
01-02-2010, 03:21 PM
showing appreciation to our valid customers.

which is really the important thing.