PDA

View Full Version : facebook for charity....

greenoak
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM
my daughter is such a good marketer.ive been around for 30 yrs with teeny public coverage and she got on tv and in the indy star in 2 yrs...and other coverage too.... anyway...i read her facebook posts and want to go see..its bellachicinteriors on facebook...http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=1421037692#/pages/Bella-Chic-Interiors/144176565163?ref=nf ...anyway...she is now posting to her customers to bring her xxxx for the womens shelter....kids clothes etc.... and is genuinely excited about it...and talking to her customers about it and posting the shelters site....its just so neat and at the same time she interspreses little things about the store.... knowing her she will probably get a truckload for the shelter....
she got me interested in facebook....im really trying to do it more and better...

Patrysha
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM
The internet is opening up enormous channels for charity. It's a beautiful thing.

In October a non-profit school for teen mothers in Edmonton had a diaper drive. A few of the prominent twitterers in the city issued a few challenges - it started with one guy pushing to fill his car, and then it was two cars and then it was two cars and a truck...It was cool to see in action.

I don't know what the final tally was, I think I heard somewhere around 500,000 diapers...

KristineS
12-18-2009, 12:50 PM
It is so cool to see people using these social media tools for good causes. I think social media gets a bad rap sometimes because people think it's all self centered "me, me, me" messages. It's nice to see stories about people using these tools to do good.

There's a lot of stupid white noise on Twitter especially, but there's also a lot of useful content. The trick is to filter out the yammering and find the gold.

TmasterMind
01-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Social media's advantage is really about that - bringing in interesting topics and the people in it as one and basically, having them sharing these good relationships. That's also the reason why there are more and more people getting into participating with Facebook's applications because it's been equipped with easy, friendly connectibles that allows every user to connect with friends, new colleagues to also do the business.