PDA

View Full Version : HootSuite

Paper Shredder Clay
12-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Who, here, is using HootSuite for their Twittering? My CEO has recommended it to the staff for keeping up with the trends, searching tweets and keeping your eye on people. I have bought the iPhone app, but it's a little limited in comparison to some other Twitter apps, but it has some unique features such as stats of the number of clicks someone clicked on your ow.ly (URL shortener) link and also being able to schedule when your tweet goes out.

Harold Mansfield
12-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I use it. I have the FF plug (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/49899) in installed and use it every now and then.

One thing I have found about tracking trends on Twitter is they change almost hourly...almost too fast to capitalize on them.

vangogh
12-15-2009, 05:28 PM
I mentioned this in your Tumblr thread, but having to use the service via a browser is a deal breaker for me. My browser is already in use 100% of the time and I've discovered trying to use social sites in a browser doesn't work for me. At best the site sits in a tab that I'll never look at.

Looks like Hootsuite has a lot of features, though the stats seem to be the only think I currently don't have via a desktop client and there are workarounds to that should I need.