PDA

View Full Version : im getting

greenoak
12-13-2009, 06:23 PM
im getting spam comments to my blog....mostly about banking or web marketing.....ikkk..this is a new one for me.....
and signed anonymous... no names of course...

Patrysha
12-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Do you have any plug-ins installed to keep the spam out?

greenoak
12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
no, but i do have it where i have to ok every comment...so i do catch them....i only get 4 or 5 comments on average on the posts.... sometimes fewer... or more...

vangogh
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
The spam means your blog is gaining more visibility. It also means the spam you get will only increase. I'm not sure if Blogger has any spam fighting plugins. I assume they have something and that's what you're going to want to use.

I know WordPress has a variety of spam fighting plugins and I assume Blogger has some as well. You're going to want some kind of automated spam fighting system though. A few spam comments is no big deal, but it will likely become more than you want to deal with. My blog probably gets hundreds if not thousands of spam comments daily and the only way to deal with that is to use a plugin that automatically prevents them from showing up anywhere except a spam bin.

KristineS
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
You can set a Blogger blog so that people who comment have to log in to leave a comment. It's kind of a pain, but it does reduce spam and most people are used to doing it.