PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Our Small Business Forum

Paul Elliott
12-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure why it took me this long to figure out I should be doing this, but I'm trying to improve. ;)

Recently I began writing for Examiner.com/Shreveport as the Small Business Marketing Examiner. I am writing some articles about the resources I've found helpful to small businesses, and, voila, our SBF came to mind. I wrote the following article (http://www.examiner.com/x-31871-Shreveport-Small-Business-Marketing-Examiner~y2009m12d4-SmallBusinessForumnet-is-an-excellent-help-source-for-small-businesses) hoping to stimulate even more interest and participation in the SBF.

I'm sure most of us write other places and could mention, even, showcase, the SBF for the benefit of others. Now that I've recognized I should be doing this, I plan to feature occasional threads that would be of particular interest to my readers.

BTW, if any of you want to write for Examiner.com, PM me, and I'll give you the shorter and easier way than I followed figuring the thing out. It's a way to get local exposure and even make a few coins in the process.

Oh, yeah, you can even "subscribe" to my feed for continuous access to all my "great marketing wisdom." <hahaha> Furthermore, I covet your comments which will help me a lot where my "great marketing wisdom" is lacking. :D :D

... And a Merry Christmas to all! Ho, Ho, Ho! ... or whatever you celebrate.

Paul

Spider
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Good one, Paul. I have something similar going, too.

I have a panel on my home page, with links, that--

-- invites people to share my homepage with others through a "share" link
-- invites them to connect with me on FACEBOOK
-- invites them to link on LINKEDIN
-- and invites them to discuss business in general with me at Small-Business-Forum.NET

I don't know how effective this is but every little bit helps, they say.

Paul Elliott
12-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Good move, Fredrick. Thanks for your take on the subject.

You're right, the wider the marketing net the greater the result.

Paul

Spider
12-05-2009, 12:17 PM
BTW, Paul - welcome back - you disappeared for a couple of weeks, right when you were enlightening me about your promotion for an attorney with some CPAs. I am still at a loss with how you pulled that off.

My last post on the subject was here -- http://www.small-business-forum.net/traditional-marketing/2186-another-advertising-idea-8.html#post24735

Care to pick up that conversation again?

greenoak
12-05-2009, 05:59 PM
thats great paul....ive put links to here on my business blog , gereenoakshoptalk.... ...i think new retailers could get a lot of great info on here.... i see a few outclicks..
i would love to see some more brick and mortar businesses on here...
ann

Steve B
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I've tried a few times with various contacts that I have and none of them seem to have visited. I'd love to see a few more Brick & Mortars and other non web-based services.

vangogh
12-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Works for me if you all want to promote the forum. :) I link back here from time to time from my blog. In fact forums like this one can be a great source of ideas for blog posts. The post I'm writing for next week was actually inspired by a conversation here.

As a reminder we have some badges you can display on your site (http://www.small-business-forum.net/forum-news-announcements/208-badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.html). You just have to copy the provided code and paste it into your site.

Also when linking back here please link back to individual threads. It's good for us to pick up links to specific threads instead of having them all point to the home page.

Thanks for mentioning us in your article Paul and thanks Frederick for including us in places others can connect with you.

I can't say I've done a lot to promote the forum in the last year, but I do hope to promote it in the next year. The more all you spread the work and link back to something here the more it helps and the more it's appreciated.

phanio
12-06-2009, 09:50 AM
It is posts like these that make me come back here. Not only can you receive good information here or sometimes just vent about business - but, most of the members here really do care about providing information, helping others and really about this forum.

vangogh
12-06-2009, 10:44 AM
We have a great community here. Many of us have been typing back and forth for several years now and in many respects we're like a family. I agree that we really do care about each other and want to see each other do well. The people here make this a great place to spend some time.

Spider
12-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I'll second that!

KristineS
12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
I have the badge on my blogs, or some of them anyway (guess I should get it put on the rest!) and I mention this forum from time to time when I write blog posts.

It is nice that our forum members find this forum valuable enough that they want to promote it. I think that's lovely.