PDA

View Full Version : My New Header

lav
12-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I dont usually post stuff for review but Im interested in your thoughts on the new header image I created for my personal blog. I also put together a little documentation on how I made it as I thought it would make for an interesting blog post.
Blog Archive My New Header! (http://jasoncoe.com.au/news/my-new-header/)

Spider
12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Oooh! It's big!

Maybe that's what you want, but it's my feedback. I would have been as happy if it was smaller, though.

lav
12-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Oooh! It's big!You arent the first to say that to me.....lol

vangogh
12-06-2009, 03:41 AM
It's big, but I like it. I can see the thought process behind it. Ok, I cheated and read your post about the image, but even before that I could see how it came about.

Ok, yeah it's big, but I don't have a problem with it. The background is simply a beautiful image. It's a great image that can stand on it's own and it works well here. Because the image has so much space in it your name/logo and the image of you building the growth chart. A lot of information is communicated there. Looking at the image I know who you are and have a sense of what you do. I'd think that's what the image is trying to convey and it does it well.

painperdu
12-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Nice work! I got the metaphor immediately.

KristineS
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I like it. It's different than what most people would use and that makes it stand out.

rezzy
12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I dont think its big too, big yes.. I think it captures your attention and quickly conveys your topic.

My screen resoltuion is set pretty high, so I can easily see the header and more, other people with smaller screens maybe overwhelmed by the image. I tested 800x600 (smallest resolution possible, and used less and less now-a-days) and it took up a considerable amount of the screen.

lav
12-09-2009, 01:54 AM
I tested 800x600 (smallest resolution possible, and used less and less now-a-days) Im not too worried it fitting well in that resolution lol.

Thanks everybody for the responses. I like it big I wanted my photo to be recognisably me, any smaller and I would lose too much definition. In fact when designing it I almost went bigger lol

Spider
12-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Here's a thought - you could have it big - bigger, even, if you want - on the first page, then have a smaller version on subsequent pages. I mean, once you've seen it and got the message, you don't need to see the large detail on every page, just a reminder will be enough.

That's what I did with my website, and I'm pleased with the result.

lav
12-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Most visitors are coming from links that Ive placed around the place to particular articles or pages so most dont go to the front page first. I still like it big.....

Safety Guy
12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I dont know anything about anything, but it looks cool man!