PDA

View Full Version : what i learned on here....

greenoak
12-03-2009, 11:21 AM
the neatest thing i put into motion from being on here this month...is putting here....as the live link when posting a website.......as in see jons blog HERE....we did it that way on our site and a some emails... i think that one came form vg.....THANKS
and now im trying the card file method....used by mike/handprop.... but i cant find the thread on it...
lots of good info on here as usual...
. im still waiting for some slow days, when i have time to show my webmistress some good sites on here...eborgs facebook and blog for starters...
in return ,if you all ever need a little deeper insight or more views about marketing better to my world..meaning indie retail or small businesses.... just ask....... :):)
ann

vangogh
12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Glad to help Ann. All the little improvements start to add up don't they?

I did a quick search, but didn't find the thread you were looking for. If Mike doesn't see this thread send him a PM. I'm sure he'll know which thread it is.

KristineS
12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
It's great to hear you're putting some ideas you learned here into practice. Let us know how it goes.

greenoak
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
....we are in our 30th year and learning more everyday.....

...the see it HERE was for son jons blog..WHICH IS ABOUT 10 DAYS OLD...... and boy is it getting the hits..82 LAST WEDNESDAY..more than my shoptalk blog........its based on a really good idea, GIVING CURRENT inventory INFORMATION.. besides the good marketing, imho.......several people have aSked him if hes the one with the table on his head.... we are putting the blogs and website on the emails we send out plus our faceboook...and have his blog in a real prominent place on our website.... we are very happy with it....and i do credit a lot of web ideas from here.... we have had a site for a long time ...and a computer since apple 2...
ann

KristineS
12-04-2009, 05:11 PM
I was just looking at Jon's blog. One of the things I like is how you list items that have been sold as "SOLD, Opportunity Missed". That shows people that items move and them should get it in gear if they see something they like. Jon's blog has a lot of personality, and I think it does a great job of presenting your product and business.

Very well done.

greenoak
12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
thanks ....i hope he can come up with a new trick this week!!! a little fun is a good key to things imho...
kristine...where do your outdoor business blog readers come from? how do you get them..? ..
we are trying to use facebook a lot...to drive people to the blogs and to the store.... its so new...but i have about 180 fans on the greenoak page... ...i dont realy see how....but i think they are pretty local...more so than my blog readers...so we are trying to make it all blend together right...
other than that i get readers from our emails and from some forums im on....facebook seems kind of like new territory....
ann

KristineS
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Ann,

I've had great success recruiting new members and readers for the Outdoor Bloggers Summit through Twitter. That's where most of our new members have come from recently.

We also ask bloggers who support us to carry a badge on their site that links back to the blog. That drives quite a bit of traffic. Of course we now have 250 bloggers who do that, so that's a lot of potential places from which new readers can come.

I'm guessing there are a lot of decorating blogs that you could trade links with if you were so inclined. That might help drive some traffic to your site.

greenoak
12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
i like your idea of the bloggers summit...it looks like a good coop idea..... ...and i asume good for all those bloggers....im not interested in that kind of coop for us tho....
i dont trade links ....

im trying to build a stand alone presence...not part of a group.....my target isnt other bloggers...altho they are my natural cyber friends...
glad you are over the pneumonia!!!
ann..