PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

cbscreative
11-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm getting ready to call it a day as far as business goes, and some of you have probably already done that, but anyway, for all US members:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

lav
11-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Being from Australia I never really understood what thanksgiving is. Ive seen people celebrate it in movies. Its something about sacrificing turkeys isnt it??? lol

handprop
11-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Spider
11-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

For non-Americans, may I suggest finding some reason to give thanks and make your own Thanksgiving Day - and November 26th is as good a day as any for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Evan
11-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! :)

And for a good laugh, click here for a different type of Turkey Festival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNf9t8R-ZWo) ... It seems a bit odd, and gross... But I thought it was quite funny. Lovely office humor we have at work!

KristineS
11-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Being from Australia I never really understood what thanksgiving is. Ive seen people celebrate it in movies. Its something about sacrificing turkeys isnt it??? lol

Yes, Lav, that's exactly it. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S. Enjoy the day and travel safely if you're traveling.

vangogh
11-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

billbenson
11-25-2009, 09:59 PM

Never liked turkey, so I'm sacrificing a couple of lobsters.

Patrysha
11-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating.

Do all of you who have Turkey on Thanksgiving have something else on Christmas?

We have Turkey & Ham for both in our house but it's more than two months between them here.

We used to have stuffed baked salmon at Christmas before we had kids and started hosting at our house...

handprop
11-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Canadians celebrate thanksgiving by eating turkey?? HMMMM, following suit with the Americans I see.:D

Mike

Business Attorney
11-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all, but most particularly to the turkey which received President Obama's first presidential pardon.

Evan
11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Do all of you who have Turkey on Thanksgiving have something else on Christmas?

We have Turkey & Ham for both in our house but it's more than two months between them here.

We're not turkey folks, and usually have chicken on Thanksgiving. Ham for Christmas! Mmm, can't wait!

vangogh
11-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Guests are here. Almost time for turkey and all the trimmings. Yum!

Evan
11-26-2009, 05:15 PM
We did ours in the afternoon... so now there is some peace and quiet! Ahh... Very good day!

KristineS
11-26-2009, 06:51 PM
We had turkey and all the auxiliaries. So good and I'm so stuffed now. It was a long drive home because the tryptophan kicked in. I wanted a nap pretty bad.

vangogh
11-26-2009, 07:16 PM
We just finished dessert and now it's time to get back to more football watching. I'm stuffed too. I may not eat again for a few days.

rezzy
11-28-2009, 07:41 PM
We just finished dessert and now it's time to get back to more football watching. I'm stuffed too. I may not eat again for a few days.

And still you cant get away from the forums. You talk more here then you do twitter. ;)

vangogh
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
I try to get away and the forums just pull me back in.

I do need to spend more time with Twitter. I haven't been there much lately.

Blacktalon
12-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

For non-Americans, may I suggest finding some reason to give thanks and make your own Thanksgiving Day - and November 26th is as good a day as any for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
I already have: It was in October for the Canucks in the room.

Happy turkey day for you all too. Best parts are the soup and sandwiches that follow. I even made my own turkey soup bouillion (broth) after ours. It was fantastic.

Yes, I cook.

Blacktalon