PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Website Company wants to Outsource Sales

nsb_mobile
11-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi All,

I could do with some IMPARTIAL advice on outsourcing sales.

I'm sure if it's possible but what I would like to do is outsource all my sales activity to a telesale firm.

This would involve:

Sourcing leads - any small business in need of a mobile website - cold calling the leads and making a sale for a fixed package at around £200.

I want to pay on a back end basis say 50% per sale.

Is this pie in the sky stuff? Or are there decent firms out there that could deliver this sort of service?

Any experiences you can share would be much appreciated.

All the best,

nigel

Harold Mansfield
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I have limited experience actually working sales for a company (maybe 1 1/2 years) but in learning about the industry as a whole, I have never seen an outsourcing company that pays it's salesman on the back end only while relying on someone else to make the sale.

It's either paid per qualified lead, or the salesman makes the actual sale and gets his commission when the payment clears.

Not many salesman will work for qualifying leads, yet only getting paid if you close the deal. You get the best of that deal and they would be at the mercy of you and your skills instead of relying on their own to make money.

Not saying it's not possible, but if I were still in sales, I wouldn't work for that kind of back end scale unless there was a guaranteed base salary along with it.

Paul Elliott
12-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Nigel, I agree with Harold. I think you would find it very difficult to find a service for the terms as you describe.

You may find that a pay-per-click campaign would be a place to start to generate leads and sales of your own.

Paul

phanio
12-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Not sure about your market - but, in my expereince - you only have to ask. Find some telesale firms and ask them if they would be interested in your deal. If not, no harm.

You might also think about doing this yourself. Hire independant contractors to qualify the lead and such - then pay them on commission. I know a very strong software company that does this. The company provides work space and phones - then pays on commission per sale.

Hope this helps.