PDA

View Full Version : impressive customer service found

huggytree
11-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Im having a barn being built for my business.

The contractor calls me every other day to give me updates...he explains all delays,gives me schedules and asks me about the options i have for minor changes.....its really cool

when i wrote a $11,000 down payment check out to a stranger i felt very nervous...after the first 2 phone calls im not nervous at all anymore..im excited

i just picked his name out of my contractor association phone book...i know he's legit and that was it.

just thought id share a positive service story...probably one of only 2 good service stories i have this year...Edward jones is the only other one...maybe Toyota too...hmmm

vangogh
11-22-2009, 12:21 AM
And of course you'll recommend him to anyone because of it. I try to do similar with my clients. Some of them probably get tired of hearing from me, but most days after I've done any work on their sites I email to let them know what I've done and what I'm going to work on next as well as what's left. I also try to add updates to the time frame for getting things done.

A few people think I give them too much information and I'm sure some never read my entire email, but I think most people appreciate it and from my end it also gives me a nice written record of the work I've done.

when i wrote a $11,000 down payment check out to a stranger i felt very nervous...after the first 2 phone calls im not nervous at all anymore..im excited

Really shows what going the extra mile does. You now trust someone who was a complete stranger not long ago. You trust him and will recommend him to others. All because he went a little extra and let you know what was going on with your job.

huggytree
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
So far its looking like ill recommend him....im not expecting perfection...im looking for a decent job...i didnt go with the lowest bid, but i also didnt want a highend builder either..i just wanted an average garage which wont fall down or be an eyesore...He's impressing me so far...i had very low expectations on his service to start w/ though...contractors typically are bad.

Evan
11-22-2009, 02:02 PM
I had just applied for (and received) a new American Express card, and was very impressed with the service I received.

When calling to activate my new card, I needed to add my partner and had little troubles with them. He also wanted to make sure I understood all the benefits of my card, and a little about what I did, but nothing intrusive. He was then able to show how if I used the card at certain merchants, I'd benefit (e.g. travel protection, insurance, or cash back). The best thing was when calling, I got through to a person right away, not on hold for 10 minutes. Plus, the customer service representative was from an American location, not outsourced to India, Ecuador, or some other country.

Then when I was finished, he thanked me for being a customer for so long, and told me to feel free to call back if I had any problems or questions. Not too bad for a credit card company!

KristineS
11-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I knew there was good customer service out there. We should all take notes from these stories and remember to do the same sorts of things for our customers.

phanio
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Take care of your customers and they will take care of you. Great story - wish I could share some. Maybe I have to high of standards.

huggytree
11-23-2009, 05:45 PM
they worked on Sat. to finish the foundation

then showed up in force today...back filled, graded area,setup and poured concrete..all before noon

i expected 3 days atleast for all that work...i called him up to say i was impressed.

huggytree
12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
garage/barn is done....its not perfect,but its close and i paid $10k+ less than expected.

I will be writing him a nice testimonal letter....ive considered giving him a $100 tip....

he had the structure built in 3.5 days...his phone call reminders stopped for a bit though...he pushed back the start date a couple of days too....nothing too unusual

there is a flaw in the garage door (which he found and told me about)....Menards is going to fix it for free, but it will take 3 weeks to get the new door...the builder is asking for full payment....i wouldnt ask for payment until its complete, but it sounds like he needs the $ to pay his guys....im going to pay in full because i have a guarantee from the Menards rep to fix it...i also have his phone # to bug him if he doesnt.