PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming constructive criticism....

The Logo-Mat
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I've recently updated my website below & would appreciate any feedback from some other business owners. Thanks!
-Matt

Business Attorney
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I think it looks clean and easy to use. Is there a reason that your "Why use us" page doesn't have the main menu like the other pages?

Of the three logos in your rotation that were for easily discernible URLs, all of them linked to parked pages. Now, there is nothing necessarily wrong with that, but if someone want to see your logo in use rather than in a rotation, it might be helpful to use logos someone is currently using.

Are the logos you show as "samples" all your work? That is a sizable body of work. Overall, I think they look very good. If I needed a logo, I would be inclined to give you a shot.

vangogh
11-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I'll echo what David said. Nice clean site and also the question about why no main menu on the one page.

I like the bubbles behind the logo. Ties in nicely with the name.

Why no about us page. I like knowing a little about a company before giving them my money. So do many others.

I think the copy could be improved overall. It's not bad by any means, but it's too much about you and not enough about the customer.

Overall I think it's a nice site.

KristineS
11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
It is a nice site overall. Your portfolio has lots of examples, which is nice.

I would agree with Vangogh that an About Us page would be nice, and you could do some tightening and expanding when it comes to your copy. Right now I'm not seeing a lot of calls to action.

The Logo-Mat
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I appreciate all of the feedback & am working w/ my web guy to polish up content. Can you send me over some examples of "call to actions" which would work well?

The Logo-Mat
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
To answer your question David- yes every logo was designed solely by me. I think I've designed over 2,000 logos in the past 3 years....

camp185
01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Reduce the prose text on the home page, and stick with action items.