PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Phoenix

cvsols
11-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi everyone! I'm excited to be here. I've just started down the path of being my own boss after spending my entire career in Corporate America. My business offers busy professionals more time to grow their business by taking over the every day administrative and operational tasks.

I look forward to being an active member of this community.
Susan

vangogh
11-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Susan. Exciting time isn't it? Many of us have done exactly what you're doing now and will be happy to share our experience and any helpful thoughts and ideas that we can.

It really is an exciting time. There will be ups and downs, joys and frustrations as you walk down that path, but it's a wonderful walk and well worth the effort.

Thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum and congratulations on starting your own business.

We're certainly here to help and support you.

Good luck.

Spider
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Welcome aboard, Susan. It's great bunch of knowledgeabl people here who will share what they know and happily learn from you, too.

cbscreative
11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
I think you found the right place to hang out as you journey down this new and exciting path. Like vangogh said, many of the members here have been where you've been and done what you've done. Congrats on striking out on your own, enjoy the trip, and welcome to the SBF.

cvsols
12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Thank you for your warm welcomes. I've been busy with the holidays and marketing my business. Now I'm back and reading through as many posts as possible!
Susan

vangogh
12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
No worries Susan. I took a vacation over the holidays as well. We can't be in all places at once. Nice to see you back and looking forward to chatting with you more.

Paul Elliott
12-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Susan, welcome to the freedom of having your own business.

Give us a little more information on what you are doing and your website/s, if they are up yet.

Congratulations!

Paul

cvsols
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
I've just launched my virtual assistance business and am busy getting my name out there. I still have a full time JOB until I get my first full time customer. So I'm working nights and weekends so I can get out of corporate America! My website is Virtual Administration and Off-Site Office Management - Comprehensive Virtual Solutions (http://www.cvsols.com) I'd love to hear what you think.

A little more about me, I'm a wife and mother to two wonderful boys, ages 9 and 7 months. After my little one was born I realized I need more time and flexibility with my schedule so I started researching business ideas. I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years and realized that being a VA is perfect for my experience and my needs as a mom. It's a win-win!

I've been reading as many posts on this forum and have found so much great information, especially for a new business owner like myself! I am excited to part of it!

Susan

vangogh
12-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Win-wins are great, aren't they. The ability to be more flexible with my time is one of the reasons I wanted my own business as well.

On first glance your site looks good. Definitely looks professions. The one thing I would say is it gives the impression of being the site for a larger company instead of an individual service provider. You certainly don't hide the fact that the business is you, but it's something to think about. Might be right for attracting larger clients of course.

Do you mind starting a new thread in the website reviews section? People will be more likely to look there for a review. If you do I promise to offer a more detailed review than I did here. :)

Paul Elliott
12-13-2009, 11:52 PM
My website is Virtual Administration and Off-Site Office Management - Comprehensive Virtual Solutions (http://www.cvsols.com) I'd love to hear what you think.
Susan

Congratulations, Susan, on your new business!

I would suggest you begin writing articles to post on your website explaining to those of us who have very little understanding of VAs and how they can help us. Point out how little it costs, especially compared to another employee, either part or full time, and easy is is to use VAs.

One of my "88" below is, "Never assume your customer knows anything about your business." Without making us feel really as ignorant as we are (:o). explain what the VA does and how we can benefit. Start a massive informational campaign for us ... on your website, of course. :D

I also PMed you with a suggestion on expanding your business in Phoenix.

Paul

cvsols
12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Thank you Paul for the great ideas! I seem to forget at times that not everyone knows about VA'S and their benefits. I'd love to quit my day JOB as soon as possible. :)

Paul Elliott
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Susan, check your Private Messages -- here on the Forum.

Paul

Paul Elliott
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the SBF, Millie!

What are your skills?
What are your interests?
What kind of, if any, business experience do you have?
In what area of the country do you live?
What sort of business do you feel you would like to have?

Online?
Offline?

Fixed location?
Mobile, such as a pet sitting service, a trade, a dog grooming business, a bookkeeping business

How much money are you willing to put into it?

These are all some of the questions you must consider in the very earliest phase of considering your own business.

It is NOT as easy as it sounds if you've never done it, BUT if you are not averse to hard work and are willing to focus on a single path for 5-7 years, your own business is something to consider.

There is a lot you can learn on this Forum and I would suggest you learn and ask.

Paul

cbscreative
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Just an admin note so Paul's post above makes sense to anyone reading and wondering who Millie is. Millie was actually a spammer. The post Paul was responding to is now gone, just like Millie.