PDA

View Full Version : Free business management software Ok-Inventory and recommendations...please help

ilikepoker
11-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Hello! I like to read this forum.

Found interesting free software for business management - Ok-inventory.com . For the first look it has everything

that I need:
sales and supply, finances, warehouse management, cool one click reporting and much more, even upload of my stock to

web site and downloading orders from customers.
User interface is great and intuitive.

It has everything exept one feature that is very important for me.
I am selling gift baskets offline and online, so I need option to combine goods in stock and get new product (gift

basket). Actually program must remove goods (components for gift basket) from stock and add new gift basket to stock

automatically. Now I am doing this manually in Ok-Inventory.

Any recommendations for such software?

vangogh
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure if I've ever seen software that will do that automatically. There might be something that will group individual products together, but even then I doubt it would call it selling one basket as opposed to selling one each of several different product.

I have a feeling you're going to need to have something created custom for what you want. I don't know how common this is for it to be programmed as a feature by default.

I could be wrong since I've never actually looked for something like this, but my hunch is you're going to need to hire someone to write this custom or customize an open source cart.

Before giving you an absolute no I thought I'd do a little searching. I found something called ProductCart (http://www.earlyimpact.com/). I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might do what you want. Look at the features page and then at the Build to Order vs Unlimited Product Options section.

Is that what you're looking for?