PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever use Bulk Text (SMS) Messaging Software???

Golf-T
11-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Hello all,
I知 new to the forums and hope that I am posting this in the correct section. If I知 not I apologize. I知 looking for Text Messaging (SMS) software for a P.C. that I can send bulk Text messages to clients. I will potentially be sending text messages to 300 to 400 clients at a time. I知 looking for anybody out there that has a recommendation and has used any kind of SMS/Text messaging software from their computer. I want to be able to get on my computer or have my employees from their computers input cell phone numbers and enter a message and hit send. I want to avoid having to make all those phone calls. Any recommendations good or bad for a program like this? If you have used this type of software what are the pros and cons? How was the tech support? What was the cost of the software and to send text (SMS) messages? Is there a cost to the clients or would unlimited text messaging pretty much cover their cost? How reliable was the software at getting the message to people? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

rezzy
11-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Not sure this software exists.

On top of that, no one wants spammed text messages. Its frowned up and expensive for the people getting spammed.

data24-7
11-06-2010, 09:45 PM
My company offers a service to look-up the email-to-sms and email-to-mms gateway addresses for your phone numbers. Once you have these you can send text and/or picture text messages to the phones via email. The service is number-portability-aware, so if somebody changes phone carriers it will reflect the change almost immediately. There's a batch file upload feature on the website, along with an easy-to-use API. There's also a free trial.

Sending unsolicited text messages to people's phones is definitely a bad idea (you can be heavily fined for doing this), but if you're abiding by the SPAM laws and you're only sending to people who have opted-in, this is definitely the most inexpensive way to accomplish this.

<please set up a signature>

Spider
11-06-2010, 11:19 PM
OMG! Not another way to get spammed!

Technology is really screwing up communications, not assisting it. As it stands now, I have stopped answering the telephone, letting all calls go to message; do not answer my cellphone unless it is my wife calling; do not take voice messages nor text messages on my cellphone; I threw out my fax machine about 10 years ago. I don't subscribe to any instant message system and have reduced my Facebook visits to about once or twice a week. I have never joined Twitter and don't plan to. And I do not open e-mail messages from people I do not recognize and don't open half those I do recognize. All because of spam - all because I cannot get away from people who think I owe them the time to listen or read their solicitations. I would never have imagined that people could be so inconsiderate of other peoples' time.

And I don't do business with inconsiderate people.

Harold Mansfield
11-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Personally I hate messages/solicitations on my phone. My phone company does it when they have a special deal and it really bothers me. The only time I have ever seen it be successful is in the Nightclub industry, which tells you the age group where it is tolerated. Back in the day (Man, I hate being old enough to say that) it was how locations of parties and raves were broadcast.

I could be wrong, but I really think that kids are the only ones that this will not anger.
These days if I want up to the minute news from a company I'll follow them on Twitter or Facebook.

Business Attorney
11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Although the responses above seem to be "OMG, no more spam," I assume you have a legitimate reason for sending SMS messages since you say that the messages will go to your clients. Intelligent business people don't tend to spam their own existing clients or they won't be clients for long.

I have a client who developed a product which was originally intended to send reminders of dental appointments to patients who wanted to get text messages. The product has since been expanded to other uses. It may or may not meet your needs but if you are interested, contact me by PM and I will give you his information.