PDA

View Full Version : Pictionary Man

handprop
11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Anybody see this? What a great idea! The marketing is also interesting.

Mattel | PICTIONARYMAN (http://www.pictionaryman.com/tvad.shtml)

Mike

Patrysha
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks cool...

I have always loved games and have attempted at various times in the past to bring games into the house only to have them trashed with pieces missing in no time. So I've pretty much given up on them...

Blessed
11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I have seen this - it looks like a lot of fun... maybe when my kids are older

vangogh
11-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I hadn't seen that before. A fun twist on a game most of us have played. The props likely make it more fun, but then again the game has always worked with pen/pencil and paper.

Anyone know if Pictionary sales have sagged and this is an attempt to revive them?

handprop
11-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Knuckleheads:D

What I was getting at was the marketing. I found it interesting how Pictionary has evolved. God I would of love to have sat in the meeting when the product was introduced to the marketing department.

As far as the buying the game......ummm....I make my kids play marketing games.:eek:

Mike

vangogh
11-05-2009, 12:35 AM
You mentioned the marketing as an afterthought so I thought you were talking more about the product. d'oh.

As for how Pictionary has evolved that was why I asked the question above. I think Pictionary man is an interesting idea. Does it make the game any better though? It changes the game too. Before there was no acting out. You drew pictures. Does this change actually improve the game. It could make it more fun initially, but I can see that initial excitement wearing off quickly. Pictionary Man is a bit on hokey side.

The video itself is mostly ordinary showing the game, but it does ad some humor which is good. I like the hand drawn tv and web page.

Blessed
11-07-2009, 09:32 PM
This seems to be a bit of a reactionary marketing move to me - I'm fuzzy on the details here (and don't have the energy to Google it to find out for sure...) but it seems to me that Pictionary was one of the first "guess what word this is" games (well, if we don't consider hang-man). I remember getting it for Christmas as a young teenager and it seems like it was "new" still. Now there is Taboo, MadGab, Catch Phrase, Guestures and so many others... that are frankly more interesting that scribbling on a piece of paper. Scribbling on "Pictionary Man" and the props and being able to get up and act out what you are doing - that makes the game slightly more appealing.