PDA

View Full Version : eborg9, vangogh, bill, cbs, and a couple others

Safety Guy
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I really want to thank you guys for all the help and advice. Your patience has been truly appreciated and I believe that, for now, the knowledge you have supplied me with and the extra help I will be getting, this WP site is going to look and generate well.
You are top notch gentlemen with a wealth of information that you readily put into layman's terms for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

THESE GUYS TOTALLY ROCK!!!:

eborg9 - Harold E Mansfield IV - 4th Internet Media
Freelance Wordpress Webmaster
Custom Face Book Pages | Wordpress Website Modifications and Support

vangogh - l Search Engine Friendly Web Design | Van SEO Design
l Tips On Marketing, SEO, Design, and Development | TheVanBlog
l Custom WordPress Themes

billbenson

You guys really stuck with me... Thanks.

Harold Mansfield
11-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Who am I to argue with that kind of informed insight and logic :).

But seriously.. You are more than welcome. That's what a great forum is supposed to be. People helping, sharing and bouncing ideas. No one can operate inside of a vacuum.

vangogh
11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I won't argue either. :)

You're definitely welcome. Like eborg said that's what we're here for. We're all trying to help each other whenever and wherever we can.

And know you can keep asking. We'll be happy to keeping trying our best to help. Glad we've been able to help so far.

cbscreative
11-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Rave reviews, cool, thanks.

billbenson
11-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks as well. Just remember all of us keep learning and started out knowing nothing. Keep asking questions.

Harold Mansfield
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Just remember all of us keep learning and started out knowing nothing. Keep asking questions.

Ha. I knew less than that. It took me a few weeks just to learn what I didn't know.

cbscreative
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
And the more we do kow, the more we realize we don't. I know that's a bit cliché, but it's also true.

vangogh
11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Ha. I knew less than that. It took me a few weeks just to learn what I didn't know.

Funny. If you didn't take the time to learn what you didn't know is it possible your learning would always have gone in the wrong direction? Could you possible have known an infinite amount of negative information?

billbenson
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
It takes some luck starting out. Either tripping over a good forum, buying the right book, etc. Otherwise, your open to scams, misinformation... And people that don't "really" know the industry have no clue.

cbscreative
11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Funny. If you didn't take the time to learn what you didn't know is it possible your learning would always have gone in the wrong direction? Could you possible have known an infinite amount of negative information?

Isn't that like the question, "What happens if you are travelling at the speed of light and you turn on the headlights?"

vangogh
11-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I was going for something like that. I'm not really sure my question makes any sense though.

The other day I walked up to an all night convenience store. When I got there there was a guy locking up. I said,

"Hey, your sign says open 24 hours"

and he said

"Not in a row"

cbscreative
11-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Somebody better save this thread before it crashes.

vangogh
11-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Too late :)

Evan
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
The other day I walked up to an all night convenience store. When I got there there was a guy locking up. I said,

"Hey, your sign says open 24 hours"
and he said
"Not in a row"

HAHA! What a scam that is. I can understand closing a 24 hour store MAYBE under certain circumstances (e.g. a blizzard, or a hurricane and a forced evacuation) -- but wow...

vangogh
11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Evan that was a Steven Wright joke. Steve had mentioned one about the headlights so I went with another one.

cbscreative
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Sometimes I'm not sure why I find Steven Wright so funny, but I do.

If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?

billbenson
11-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I haven't seen or heard of him for years. I guess he is still around and "I'm out of it?" I remember him from Johnny Carson and thought he was hysterical.

Harold Mansfield
11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen or heard of him for years. I guess he is still around and "I'm out of it?" I remember him from Johnny Carson and thought he was hysterical.

Bill just showed his age :) Carson's been off of the air for 15 years.
Found this list of Steven Wright quotes on Brainy Quote:
Steven Wright Quotes (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/steven_wright.html)

vangogh
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Guess I won't share any of my Carson memories then for fear of dating myself. Has it really been 15 years? Wow.

More from Steven Wright

If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.

KristineS
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of Steven Wright. He always makes me laugh.

I'm also a fan of this forum. I think it's great that people can come and ask questions and get help that really is of help. That doesn't always happen. We have a good group here.