PDA

View Full Version : link within

greenoak
11-01-2009, 06:50 AM
this is growing fast on the blogs i read.....whats the scoop?
i signed up and like it..but always loookin g for ways to fine tune things...
its hard to see how it picks or how to try and guide it.... right now on one of my posts it links to 3 yardsale posts...which are all about the same ...
my hope is that it engages readers longer....
ann

Harold Mansfield
11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
this is growing fast on the blogs i read.....whats the scoop?
i signed up and like it..but always loookin g for ways to fine tune things...
its hard to see how it picks or how to try and guide it.... right now on one of my posts it links to 3 yardsale posts...which are all about the same ...
my hope is that it engages readers longer....
ann

It's kind of the same principle as some word press plug ins that do similar, or the exact same thing:
YARPP (Yet Another Related Post Plug In (http://mitcho.com/code/yarpp/)), and SEO Smart Links (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/seo-automatic-links/).

Linking to related or similar posts is a well known and well used tactic for writers and blog owners.
You can even take it a step further and link to affiliate products, other blogs in your networks or partner sites.

As long as it keeps it all in the family and doesn't insert ads, or send readers to blogs that aren't yours, it's fine. Everyone should interlink to related content.

greenoak
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
i like it becasue its zipless and has pretty pictures....ann

vangogh
11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
It always makes sense to link to related content. If someone likes an article or post you've written why wouldn't you want to point them to similar content. There's a good chance they'll want to read the related content too.

greenoak
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
in the blog world im in....style, and design and girly blogs...link within is spreading like crazy....i see it more every week.....how it picks doesnt seem to make much sense but i really like it...im all about pictures and eye candy tho....
the originators must have made it easy and clear enough to catch on with us...
i got a call yesterday from my perfect target customer....a woman opening 2 stores about 8 hrs away and needing fixtures...thanks to our site, .. ..i sent her to our blog too, where there are even more...and i think link within will help her see even more of what we have to offer....shes excited!!! .and bringing a truck.....thats why im trying to be on the web as well as i can...its working for us.........
ann

KristineS
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear that the blog is working for you Ann. It is a great way to communicate with customers and show off what you have to sell. It's good that you've stuck with it. Sounds like it is paying off.

greenoak
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
right kristine....now im on facebook too....and feel kind of conflicted...as in which is better....how can i do both.....how to do facebook better....its a challenge....
my goal everywhere is always to interact with the customers better....today i will be making some real useful posts in the facebook notes....like my paint recipe.... i would love to read more ideas on connecting better...
never a dull moment... ann

KristineS
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah, Facebook is one I'm still working on too. Twitter I got right away. Facebook I'm having to convince myself about it's usefulness.

I think most companies are better off if they simply pick a couple of venues, like a blog and Facebook for example, and concentrate on learning to use those venues really well. Some companies spread themselves too thin and that usually doesn't have a good result.

greenoak
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
what hooks me on facerbook is the age....my big target retail is women homeowners from 30 to 40.....and i think they are on there big time....
ann