PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about, or use Oracles Universal CMS ?

Harold Mansfield
10-31-2009, 07:39 PM
I've been thinking about expanding my horizons and learning about more advanced CMS's to put on my resume'.

One that has caught my eye is Oracle's Universal Content Management System (http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/content-management/ucm/index.html). Looks pretty sweet and they offer expert certification.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience working with this platform, training with Oracle or similar online certifications ?

rezzy
10-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Nope never heard of it, doubt Ill ever use it.

I dont work with enterprise class clients, so doubt I would ever have a need for such a system. Most times, the products I recommend and use will meet or exceed a clients needs. Let me know what you like/dislike about it as you start your journey.

All their documentation is in pdf, so its already a turn off to me.

orion_joel
11-01-2009, 01:22 AM
By the sounds of it, it is a very robust system. That by the sounds of it, would be expected to run by itself on a server.

If you think that it is going to actually be a useful addition to your resume then sure go for it. However if you are looking to learn it for the sake of learning alone, and to add another item to your resume (which may not be needed or even heard of by prospective employers) then maybe consider if there is not another area you could better spend your time.

Harold Mansfield
11-01-2009, 03:10 AM
A little bit of both actually. I wouldn't mind learning something a little more powerful to cover all of my bases. Plus I'm a little curious about what else is out there and what else can be done and, Joomla and Drupal just seem to going linear.

If I'm going to spend time learning another platform, it may as well be something bigger and more powerful.

Just trying to figure out which is one is used as more of a corporate solution...Oracle or IBM (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/content-management/)

billbenson
11-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Theres a bunch of good information for a search for "oricle vs mysql" no quotes. could try the same thing with ibm?

I don't know anything about either one other than they are corporate solutions.