PDA

View Full Version : Logo and color challenge

handprop
10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
This is a spin off of another thread. You folks want to have fun? I used to love brainstorming sessions so lets do one of our own.

The challenge is to see what others come up with for aname, color and logo for a selected company. I'll pick a company that is ouside the circle that we all normally work in.

Here is the company: Two guys just started a company manufacturing and distributing aftermarket engine and race components. We need to create a color and a logo..........money is no object and the owners don't care what we name it (How often does that happen?). So what would you do????

A discussion in the other thread implied that color and logo are an important aspect of the marketing function, and I also agree!!! BUT, the question is just how important is it. I think good marketing can overcome any color and any logo any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I also said that we should use a simple color and keep the name simple, short, and boring.

Nobody will have a wrong answer!!!! This is an exercise to see just how many of us come up with the same thinking process. I have done this before and it can be really fun. I havn't worked with graphics in a long time but I still got some ammo left in me.

When we figure out the name, color, and logo let's all write a simple story on why we chose what we did and a quick paragraph on the marketing approach.

This exercise could be a great learning experience for people who need the help, let's all work together and have fun......I'm a bit rusty so I'm gonna need to google some hot rod companies.:D

Mike

handprop
10-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I researched enough, the name I picked is Wicked Sister Racing.

Address is www.wickedsisterracing.com

The color I picked is pink maybe even baby blue

I'm going to have to figure out how to create a logo on an old paint shop pro software version from a few years ago so it's going to take me a little bit to understand how it works. I'll post it when I figure it out and it will be simple.

Mike

Spider
10-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Interesting! I have been something of a Formula One fan for many years and I just cannot imagine (nor recall ever seeing) F-1 racing cars in either pink or baby blue. But I guess that is the point. (Although Renault did or does run a team with a light blue, but not quite what I would call baby-blue.)

I would want a "man" color - black, red, forest green, navy. I choose forest (dark) green.

Company name? I think the company name should have some meaning - one or both or some combination or contraction of the two owners' names. Or some relevant word as to their aspirations, location, personal history. IOW, I'd need to know something about the company or its owners before wanting to suggest a name. But, failing that, and considering the after-market "street-racer" aspect, put forward "Flame Engineering."

I like the idea of a dark green flame for a logo.

rezzy
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I would want a "man" color - black, red, forest green, navy. I choose forest (dark) green.

Agreed.

Maybe something like Aftermarket Plus

handprop
10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm in between emails and just read your post, very nice Frederick! I like the direction your headed. The names of the owners are up to you. Take it any direction you want. I wish I knew a little more about cars but I have a few things planned. I went through a checklist while doing a little research and discovered some interesting thoughts.

Are you able to create a graphic? If not just draw it and post a photo.

I chose the name first and i'll explain later after I figure out how to draw a darn graphic on the computer. The color I chose because it's opposite of the so called power colors. The power is in the marketing and I'll explain that when i'm done.

Hey this is already fun, can't wait to see what you discover! What's even better is that a right or wrong answer doesn't exist.:D

Mike

Spider
10-27-2009, 06:49 PM
http://selfimprovementpages.com/flame.gif

handprop
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm running short of time tonight but I did manage to spend a few minutes creating a simple graphic. I'll talk about why I chose what I did when I have some free time.

huggytree
10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Whiplash Performance Inc.

Id have to think a while about the logo...try to incorporate someone's neck breaking in the logo....