PDA

View Full Version : Coming up for air...

Blessed
10-27-2009, 03:21 AM
I miss you guys! I have only stopped by the forum briefly a few times in the past month - it's been crazy around here, but things are getting done:

1) I'm now gall-bladderless, and recovered from the surgery
2) I have about 1/3 of the things in the house that need to move to the attic so that maybe we'll be able to get this place sold and buy something bigger come spring
3) I'm now in the middle of my annual fall projects - including some direct mail stuff for a group of community colleges and more brochures for the local hospice
4) After a few false starts I'm actually getting to work on my website... :)

That last thing makes me the happiest!

Oh and my baby is 4 months old and has bottom teeth popping through and my 2 year old is in the middle of another growth spurt!

So... how's life treating you?

vangogh
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Good to see you Jenn. I've been wondering where you've been.

Glad to hear you've recovered from your surgery. That alone is enough to have kept you away, but sounds like you've been busy as well besides the surgery. And taking care of a newborn all the while. Amazing you've even been able to check in every so often.

Life's treating me ok. I'd like to tell you some really exciting news, but it's been mostly the usual work routine here lately.

Glad you're back.

Patrysha
10-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I am amazed at your abilities. The newborn periods with each of my boys is such a blur...especially with the second one when I moved cross country 8 days after he was born, but I simply can't imagine adding surgery to that! (I am such a wimp...I'd be a wreck!!)

Things are going well here other than what seems to be way too many illnesses running through the boys this fall. Not impressed, but what can a person do?

Still hacking away trying to refine and sell my community connected commerce ideas...feel like I am heading in the right direction :-)

KristineS
10-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Glad to see you and glad things are going well.

I've been busy, as usual. Just trying to keep up with work and the OBS and life makes me tired. I can't imagine doing it with kids after having surgery. Make sure you don't over do it.

cbscreative
10-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Well it's good to see you back, Jenn. I'm glad it's going well for you.

Spider
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Welcome back. Time to slow down a little?

Blessed
10-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone!

Frederick I'd love to slow down a little, I'm just not exactly sure how to make that happen. Moving things to the attic is making the house less cluttered and easier to keep clean... so I guess that's a start.

I'm actually taking a whole week off for Christmas this year - something I haven't done since I started working for myself - I'm really looking forward to that break. Although... that break will include driving 24 hours with 2 kids in tow... oh well! We're spending Christmas in California with my family this year - everyone is supposed to be there, my 90 year old grandma, both my aunts, all my cousins, all my sisters - it will be hectic, crazy and fun - just the kind of break I need!

Business Attorney
10-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I miss you guys! I have only stopped by the forum briefly a few times in the past month - it's been crazy around here, but things are getting done:

1) I'm now gall-bladderless, and recovered from the surgery
2) I have about 1/3 of the things in the house that need to move to the attic so that maybe we'll be able to get this place sold and buy something bigger come spring
3) I'm now in the middle of my annual fall projects - including some direct mail stuff for a group of community colleges and more brochures for the local hospice
4) After a few false starts I'm actually getting to work on my website... :)

That last thing makes me the happiest!

Oh and my baby is 4 months old and has bottom teeth popping through and my 2 year old is in the middle of another growth spurt!

So... how's life treating you?

Yeah, so what do you do with all your spare time? :D

Blessed
10-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, so what do you do with all your spare time? :D

Spare time? What's that? Is that what I do when I'm dropping by here, reading books (my sister is evil, she sent me new books... so I've been reading things I don't have time to read...), let's see - I've also gotten some sewing done, canned a whole bunch of green beans and tomatoes during the summer, have almost finished my Christmas shopping, cleaned up and printed my in-laws 200+ pictures from their vacation to Alaska and a whole bunch of other things.

Frederick is right. I really, really do need to slow down. I'm a little hyperactive - I stay pretty busy :p And still manage to get myself in trouble!

cbscreative
10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Wow, your hubby must be as spoiled as I am. You can and sew! So does my wife, so harvest time is busy but the results are worth it. I help a little, especially the homemade salsa. It's my job to make sure it has just the right hotness to it. That's quite a trick since however hot it is in the pot, it will be hotter after cooking and canning. Last year's batch was HOT! The new batch is mild by my standards, but most people still consider it hot. When I said HOT on last year's, hot by my standards is intolerable for most people.

The funny thing is, you can't really use a recipe. Hot peppers vary quite a bit, so you have to just keep adding until it seems right. Our secret is lots of different peppers. This year's batch has at least 8 kinds of peppers in it (everything form no hotness at all on up thru flame throwers).

Your kids are young yet, but it's nice when they get older and can help with the canning (not to mention picking). Your life will get a little easier.