handprop
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Hello
My name is Mike

I'm a marketing freak

I eat, sleep, and breath strategy

I've started and sold several businesses

I got talked into working for the Republican party

Now i'm national and work daily on marketing strategy for the Republican Senate race in 2010.

I come from a family of business owners most of which is manufacturing

Earned a masters in business but didn't learn much

Everything I learned I learned from my customers, my father, and my grandfather.

My hobby is collecting vintage airplanes from the 20's, 30's, and 40's

That's it, nothing exciting I guess.

Mike:)

Spider
10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Well, if one is interested in business, marketing and vintage airplanes, it's probaly quite exciting.

Welcome aboard.

handprop
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Sometimes I guess.......But like everything in life marketing is no different than working in a factory. Find the best methods---develope a system---and do it over and over.

The airplane part is exciting but these days it's hard to find the time. :rolleyes:

Mike

Patrysha
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
But with marketing, unlike a factory, there are so many ways to apply creativity and a personal touch whereas in a factory you're pumping out the same-old, same-old day after day after day.

Hi Mike! Welcome to the forum...

You can be the marketing freak as long as I can maintain status as the marketing geek :D

handprop
10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
It's a deal!:D

Mike

cbscreative
10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Welcome, Mike, you're in good company with other marketing freaks here (or geeks or whatever).

It's good you don't place too much emphasis on that education. The real world experience is more valuable. I believe education is good as long as it doesn't educate wisdom out of its recipients.

vangogh
10-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike. We've already been chatting so glad you decided to let us all welcome you. I'm not specifically a marketer, but I do enjoy marketing. Looking forward to sharing and learn with you.

Can't say I collect vintage airplanes, but I've always had a thing for propellor driven plans. At one point in life I was briefly planning on becoming an aerospace engineer.

Thanks for joining the community.

Blessed
10-27-2009, 03:30 AM
Here's another marketing freak or geek or whatever I am... saying welcome to the forum! I hated my business classes in college... might be one reason I never finished :)

Oh and I love old airplanes, as long as I can stand on the ground and watch other people fly them around. That applies to new airplanes too though. Hubby used to have a friend that was big into the RC planes - those were pretty neat, and really expensive!

Steve B
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Welcome Mike. A lot of us could use help with marketing strategy.

I'd love to see a few examples of the websites for your businesses. Perhaps you could provide a few links with your signature.

KristineS
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike.

I guess I would qualify as another Marketing freak or geek or whatever.

Glad to see you here and looking forward to what you have to say.

yoyoyoyoyo
11-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Mike, just curious...

what kinds of businesses have you started up and sold? And, in what ways did you get to practice or develop your marketing skills with each?

Paul Elliott
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the SBF, Mike. I've already enjoyed your posts on a number of subjects.

BTW, I'm an old handproper, too ... Aeronca 7AC Champ.

Paul