PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Shenzhen

pauldla
10-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm Paul, originally from Ireland but now living in Shenzhen, China.

I'm looking forward to exploring the forums, and hope I can help as much as I learn!

Cheers,

Paul

Spider
10-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome aboard, Paul.

vangogh
10-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forum Paul. Ireland to China is a big move. What took you east?

Look forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

pauldla
10-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys.

I suppose the spirit of adventure took me east, actually, vangogh, and it's kept me here (along with a wife and two kids). ;) I enjoy living here, but I reckon long-terms stays are only for the truly foolhardy, such as myself.

vangogh
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
That makes sense. My sprit of adventure took me west, though I did stay within the United States. I grew up in New York, but now live near the mountains in Colorado. I'm here long-term now so I guess I'm a bit foolhardy myself. :)

KristineS
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Paul.

Wow, Ireland to China must be a big change.

I have to confess, if I ever were to move out of the U.S. it would probably be to Ireland.

Paper Shredder Clay
10-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have found it a great place to post and learn.

cbscreative
10-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome abaord, Paul. I take it from your statement about the wife and kids that she is a native to China. That would be a good reason to stay.

pauldla
10-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Yes indeed, the good lady wife is a native of this fine country. We've been married now for fine years and have two kids.

I must admit I do enjoy living in China. In many ways it is as completely different from Ireland as is possible, while in other ways it's strangely similiar. I'm thinking about starting a thread about living and doing business in China, just to give you guys an idea about what it's like (and to help folks avoid some pitfalls if they do find themselves doing business over here). When I find the time, that is...!

P

cbscreative
10-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I like that idea, Paul. There are a lot of horror stories about labor in China, and significant hostility in the US because of some practices, but the Chinese people are like any other. They just want a chance to participate in a free market and make things better for themselves. I look forward to your posts.