PDA

View Full Version : winter outlook?

huggytree
10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
my October was pretty good...not as good as last years, but still an above average month

right now my outlook for Nov, Dec is not good...I think ill be doing alot of sledding w/ the kids on work days....Nov/Dec will definately be worse than last year...im just shooting for break even and pay my wages

homeowner phone calls have started to trickle back....lots of people asking for free advice or how much to fix something they did themselves.....when things are going well i can get 6+ Homeowner calls a day...right now im at 2-5 a week and most are not really interested.

im seeing the economy dip again....started 2 months ago....i know more people who have lost their jobs in the past 2 months than in the past 3 years before. WI has dont better than most in this downturn...possibly were just getting hit 1 year later than the rest of the US.

Steve B
10-26-2009, 03:58 AM
Sept. and October have both been slower than normal for me with the dog fences. I think there might have been a bit of a delayed reaction to spending habits. I had an excellent July and August. I don't think anything got worse around here since the summer. I just had a cancellation because the husband recently worked for 3 different factories that went bankrupt.

I've got a few other businesses that hopefully will pick up some of the slack.

huggytree
10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
middle of summer was great for me...things were going very well...with all the tv news saying the recession should be over in the Fall I assumed it would be....

then school started and my phones went dead....and never really came back...homeowner calls are down to a trickle

Paper Shredder Clay
10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I believe things are looking up for where I work, but then again the news on tv doesn't sound that great. I hope it continues to get better. But who knows?

huggytree
10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I continue to get jobs from my remodelers...im bidding daily....fire restoration is alot of what im getting....

from talking with my suppliers no one is busy in the plumbing world...i filled up my week again today...had thurs/fri open .....one was a tip from a networking friend...

If all I had was Homeowner calls to rely on Id be losing money right now

next week Zero scheduled...time for a break!