PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your help SBF.net, now we're giving out 1,000 free postcards & biz cards

prova.fm
10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for letting us test our first advertisement design contests (http://www.prova.fm/advertising/index.php?option=com_campaign&task=view&side=entries&c_id=142) on the sbf community. Our 1st clients have been getting great ad designs & averaging over 46 unique entries to choose from.

We'd like to start attracting more businesses now, so if anyone wants 1,000 free postcards or business cards (http://go.prova.fm/promo), let me know.

If anyone has a suggestion of something else I could offer this community, let me know.

Thanks,
-David

(If anyone uses digg, stumbleupon, facebook, or twitter, I'd love it if you visit this page & Digg this offer ....)

vangogh
10-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks David. Good to know your site is doing well. I see you have a few contests running now.

I'm sure someone will take you up on the offer. I know a few people here do send out postcards and everyone can use business cards. I see the idea is to print the cards for anyone who chooses a design from a contest.

prova.fm
10-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks Vangogh,

Yes, our first batch of contests did great. Our designers love it because it's giving them a chance to hone their skills & the quality of work they're producing is amazing.

Yes, we're targeting businesses that want to print postcards or business cards. We can print door hangers at a reduced cost, but unfortunately not for free. We'd like to attract some more clients to run design contests. If there's anything else we could "bribe" someone with, just let us know.

Just like you said in your last blog post, we're starting slowly but surely. One satisfied client at a time.

-David

vangogh
10-22-2009, 08:05 PM
One satisfied client at a time

That's what it takes. It feels slow at first, but you look back after a few months and you have a business. Thanks for the reference to my post. Now I know at least one person read it.

How about things like trifold brochures. Is that doable for free?

Patrysha
10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Are you limiting the number of giveaways? You might want to think about it, especially if you happen to end up on one of those freebie free for all sites. It's not bad when it happens to a digital giveaway but it can be a huge disaster for product freebies.

It wouldn't be so bad if ppl getting those freebies would turn into customers, but they have a fairly low conversion rate if they are coming from those lists.

prova.fm
10-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Patrysha,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, we're limiting it to the first 50! Wouldn't want to break our bank. And it's only available until Oct 31.

-David

Paper Shredder Clay
10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
I think its great that you are giving away 1000 postcards or business cards, but how do forum members feel about the tagline on the back? I know that this is common, to give away or sell at a lower charge for a tagline? I have always shyed away from taglines, because I think business cards and postcards should only advertise one business and in essence by having a tagline they are promoting two businesses. Then again it gets me when I see limos advertising their name on the cars. If I pay for a limo, I want it to look nice, not one advertising the service. But that's just me. Don't get me wronge some people don't mind it. But what do you guys think?

prova.fm
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi Paper Shredder Clay,

We just add a small line at the bottom of the postcard backside. We understand some people won't want that, but for a postcard mailer, it will hardly be seen. It's like an artist who signs his name in the lower right corner of his art. Only if the reader is interested in where that design was created, will he flip it over to check out the signature line (like a hallmark card). We just wanted to see if anyone needed some postcards & thought we'd print them. We hope it's not too much to ask for a little signature line.