PDA

View Full Version : The Business of Learning

Sadi
10-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Well I'm Sadi,

I'm a recently transferred Technical Management major (prior programming major) and was just perusing the internet to find a place to talk business. I'm really trying to walk away with as much knowledge as I can. So I was interested in finding a haven, to discuss thoughts and questions in a less classroom-esque environment.

At first glance, I'm not 100% sure this would be the place to do it... but it looks friendly enough, and centers around small business so I thought it couldn't hurt...

Anywho,

Cheers!

vangogh
10-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Sadi. Hopefully we can provide that haven for you. We do talk business, mainly small business as you've seen. We're hardly classroom here and I do think we get quite a number of good ideas floating around.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

I like the quote in your signature. So true.

phanio
10-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Sadi, welcome - this is great forum to learn - not from acedemics per say but from actual peopel who have been there, done that and are still doing it. - Welcome.

Spider
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard, fellow Houstonian!

Patrysha
10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forum. I think you will find it both friendly and informative.

KristineS
10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find some valuable information here.

Sadi
10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
It feels so warm and fuzzy to have such a nice welcome!

Small business, is business after all. And although my studies will lean more in the corporate side of things, it would be nice to get the perspectives, ideas, thoughts, and feelings from the smaller business owner. See how they differ, see how they compare. And to just get the opinion from real people.

I don't know how much advice I could ever contribute to a thread here, I'd imagine I'll extract as much as I can from it and giving what few ideas I do have. I'm sure in time I'll find my place amongst the posts. :rolleyes:

vangogh
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm glad we could be so warm and fuzzy :)

Business is business. The corporate world and small business may do things differently at times, but the core principles are still the same.

Don't be so sure you won't have much to contribute. Even if your knowledge is going to be more of the corporate world it's still business knowledge and it'll be good for all of us to hear a different perspective.

billbenson
10-22-2009, 04:15 PM
You will also find that a lot of people here used to be in the corporate world and are now self employed for various reasons.

Welcome

cbscreative
10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes, we are definitely a been there done that still doing it crowd, and the experience here is very diverse. Welcome aboard.