PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a marketing referral

theDIfellas
10-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Hey everyone, do any of know someone in the pet retail industry, a store owner, a toy or food maker or seller? I am working on a marketing plan for my company and could use tips from people with real experience in this industry.

Im looking for someone specifically in the dog toy segment but any help is welcome. We are launching a new marketing campaign which will be crucial to our success next year (it could make or break us) Thank you.

theDIfellas
10-18-2009, 02:58 AM
And yes we may do business with this person or company depending on a few factors. But they would be used as a guide or mentor for the marketing plan (nothing major). Thanks again and have a great day!

vangogh
10-18-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't know anyone offhand. SteveB might have some insights given his business.

I do have a suggestion though. Why not just walk into some the pet stores in your area. I'm sure there are some near you. As long as they aren't swamped with work at that moment I'm sure the people there would be happy to talk to you. Most people love talking about their business when you ask them about it.

theDIfellas
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
^^ Thanks. I already started laying out the plan. I think the areas I'll need help in are print media or press (such as magazine articles, newpaper exposure aside from regular ads).

What else, advice on what are the best online coupon stores or retailers for dog chew toys.

Patrysha
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I am a whiz at publicity :-) (Seriously, I was in a national magazine's November issue this year) so do drop a line when you get to that stage.

In fact, you would get a lot from many of my seminars this week. I will be verifying tomorrow whether I can stream online through ustream with any consistency and if I can, you're free to join in the Small Business Week stuff I have going on :-) (And I do mean free...takes nothing but time and maybe you might want to expense coffee and a doughnut if you aren't local...since I don't have decent virtual coffee and doughnut sponsors yet)

Just pm me if you want details (well anyone here really...I am doing it anyway...might as well benefit beyond this town, right?)

And you can see what I look like all gussied up with make up and the whole shebang...

theDIfellas
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I am a whiz at publicity :-) (Seriously, I was in a national magazine's November issue this year) so do drop a line when you get to that stage.

In fact, you would get a lot from many of my seminars this week. I will be verifying tomorrow whether I can stream online through ustream with any consistency and if I can, you're free to join in the Small Business Week stuff I have going on :-) (And I do mean free...takes nothing but time and maybe you might want to expense coffee and a doughnut if you aren't local...since I don't have decent virtual coffee and doughnut sponsors yet)

Just pm me if you want details (well anyone here really...I am doing it anyway...might as well benefit beyond this town, right?)

And you can see what I look like all gussied up with make up and the whole shebang...

lol PM sent :]

Blessed
10-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey! I'm sending you a PM too... because of some of our hobbies we have lots of dog people time under our belt. Also Hubby works for a national company making a pet product and I worked with some of their marketing materials awhile back.

theDIfellas
12-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey! I'm sending you a PM too... because of some of our hobbies we have lots of dog people time under our belt. Also Hubby works for a national company making a pet product and I worked with some of their marketing materials awhile back.

I finally got a chance to reply to your PM.. thank you!