PDA

View Full Version : The Countdown Begins...

Patrysha
10-18-2009, 12:53 AM
By Monday morning at 6am my game face has to be in place and I have to be up the hill at the Tags gas station for the first morning of the 50 gifts for 50 years celebration.

I am really excited to see it all come together...even if I am suffering from bronchitis at the moment. I am hoping that my portion of the $217 prescription bill will have paid off with better health by the time I really hit the stage on Tuesday morning.

I think I have everything planned and I will do final checks on Monday. It may be possible to stream the sessions live online which will be cool even if I don't have a big following. It will be fun just to say I did it, if I can pull it off...I will check the lighting and tech situation on Monday and see what I can do.

It is not as if I have enough lead time to really draw an audience even if I can figure out the tech part.

In any case, the countdown now begins to see if I can pull of my second major local event in the course of this year so far (without the fumbles and stumbles of the first campaign...which ultimately really didn't turn out so bad at all- all things considered)

I never realized that pulling fifty gifts from sponsors would be so difficult with all the additional publicity we're working on generating for the campaign.

I've let the news and morning crews of both radio stations know exactly where the deal to trade your business card for coffee is going on and when for Monday morning. I am hoping they will grant me the chance to talk about all the seminars too. Crossing my fingers that the relations I've built will pay off a bit here...publicity is always hit or miss and we did have a rather major political election take place this weekend...still it is local news and it is Small Business Week...

Arggh! I wish it was over already so I could stop fretting.

You put everything you have into an idea and then you just have to let it go and hope it floats.

I'll be praying as the time counts down.

Business Attorney
10-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Good luck, Patrysha!

vangogh
10-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Good luck Patrysha. Sounds like tomorrow will be an exhilarating and exhausting day. Hopefully this even goes without incident, but it sounds like you have most of the bases covered.

You'll get through the day and I'm sure you'll let us know how it went when you have time and energy again.

Good luck.

KristineS
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Good luck. Keep us updated on how it goes.

vangogh
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
How did it go? I'll completely understand if you're too exhausted to share tonight. You may still be working as I'm writing this too. But do let us know how the day went when you have the time and energy.

Patrysha
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh the real work starts tomorrow - lol

All I did today was buy coffee for radio station staff and drop it off, set up the lighting and video equipment (then deciding the lighting was overkill and made the room look ugly (because they are just halogen worklights), finally figured out how to work the wireless mic so it works for this (have to plug in to computer instead of video camera), dropped by the printers to get a job lined up and paid for and then headed home to finish off the Feedback/Order forms.

Now tomorrow...

4-hour long presentations sprinkled throughout the day in blocks...

You can see how I do if you have time by checking out the Ustream feed :-)

I figured I have the equipment and they have the wi-fi - might as well invite the world to celebrate...no reason my gifts for Small Business Week with the rest of my "hometown" (cuz really the 'net seems to be where I live some days)

vangogh
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought today was going to be the busy day. On the bright side by this time tomorrow it will all be over and you'll have made it through.

Post a link to the ustream feed. Can't promise I'll have time to watch, but if I do I will. It'll be interesting to watch knowing what we know in advance.

Sounds like you have yourself set up. Now take a deep breath, relax, and start picturing everyone in their underwear. :)

Patrysha
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Yup...tomorrow is one of the two busiest (Friday is big too, but slightly smaller for my part in it)

The Ustream is at WCT TEST on USTREAM: This is the place to watch the videos from Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce - Small Business Week 2009 For the full sche... (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wct-test)