PDA

View Full Version : Cool Traffic Trick

KimRoach
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a cool traffic trick I just discovered.

This one is super simple and can bring you hundreds of
extra visitors.

Here's how it works...

First, you need to go to Google and type in the following
search queries:

"Daily Link Roundup"
"Weekly Link Roundup"
"Monday Link Roundup"
"Friday Link Roundup"
"Link Roundup"

This will give you a list of blogs that do weekly link roundups
of good content from around the Web. And there are thousands
of blogs that do this on every imaginable topic.

Now here's where you come in...

You can go to Google and look for a related blog that does
weekly roundups and then send the blog owner a link to your
your best content.

If you've published truly great content, then they are very
likely to link to you in their weekly link roundup, sending
you extra traffic and giving you a high-quality backlink.

This is an extremely powerful technique that I see VERY few
people using online.

It's super simple and can send you lots of highly-targeted
traffic. Your only job is to create truly valuable content.

Cheers!

- Kim

vangogh
10-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Good tip Kim and welcome to the forum. As someone who used to write a weekly and month roundup post I can assure everyone this works. More than once people would email me a link to a post they thought I'd be interested in. As long as the post was good and on topic for my blog I would find some way to include it in one of my roundup posts.

Sometimes I even built a post around their post and linked to it that way.

I don't search Google for these type of posts, but I am plugged into my niche through my feed reader and collect sites that allow submissions and after writing a post I will submit to those sites. It doubles my usual traffic and usually adds an increase in new subscribers.

I need to remember to email some of the sites that don't have a submission link, but do publish roundup type posts.

greenoak
11-01-2009, 06:59 AM
thanks kim....what a cool idea...
..it might be an interesting feature for my blog too....
ann

painperdu
11-01-2009, 08:14 AM
That is a good idea.

Another thing I've found is that Google likes social web ad sites, even the obscure ones, sometimes moreso than Craigslist.

Do a search for something like "post your ad" and you should find a few sites. Also, find out the name and words used in the various web ads scripts and search on that. At the least you should post your ads on those web ad sites just below CL in popularity, sites like OLX, backpage, Kiijii . . .

I have a site for campers that Google loves. I was amazed to find out that Google lists ads from this particular site as soon as it's posted!

ann, your products will do especially well on these web ad sites.

greenoak
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
p perde...not sure what you mean...what do you think would be good for us?
its wierd to me when we are on the first page of google for things and didnt try or make the seo efforts you talk about on here..... this happens once in a while for us....
....i work my online things aiming for customers to come here ...and dont sell online except for etsy....ann

painperdu
11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
For example, I just did a search for 'Antique dresser indiana' and the first three results were from free classifieds sites.

Google seems to like free web ad sites.

I run a few of these type sites and all but one have a hard time gaining users. But still, Google indexes the not so popular ones as they do the popular ones. These obscure free web ad sites have little competition because people don't see much listed and think it's not worth the 2 minutes it may take to list something. To the contrary, it would very well be worth it to list at these small sites.

greenoak
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
great tip....i didnt know about those at all...i googled antique cabinet indiana and we are on the first page...i dont have the word dresser on there...but we have lots of cabinets on...
i did put a roundup of the week on the blog this morning.... magpie cottage (http://www.magpiecottage.blogspot.com)
now if i can just keep at it...
ann

vangogh
11-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Google seems to like free web ad sites.

I think this might have more to do with the possibility that most sites in the space haven't done a good job building search friendly sites and have mostly ignored search engine marketing. The ad sites appear in many cases because the sites themselves haven't done a good job when it comes to seo.

I'm not saying you shouldn't place an ad on some of those sites, but I'd sooner focus on your own site.