PDA

View Full Version : Ooma

Shamrock
10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Has anyone tried Ooma? I keep reading about it and it has a lot of good reviews. It is a box that you buy for phone service. They advertise it as a way to never pay the phone company again. I am hoping for some feedback from someone independent of the Ooma website and company. Thanks!

vivianrollins
10-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Its great. I have a friend who has it and swear by it. My only concern is that if they go under, then you are stuck with a useless box.

Shamrock
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Thank you Vivian! Can you tell me if they are using DSL or Cable Service for it to work so well? When you talk to them can you tell any difference?

vangogh
10-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I'd never heard of it till you mentioned it here, but it does look interesting and I see positive reviews at Amazon, Best Buy, Radio Shack. Pretty much any of the places listed on their site that I checked had good reviews.

The only risk seems to be will the company last long enough for you to get back the cost of buying the unit. Doesn't seem like that would take too long. And at the moment they seem to be out of stock, which could be a sign of more demand than supply. I would think that's a good sign assuming they can build up stock again.