PDA

View Full Version : contractor & homeowner ignoring parts of my contract

huggytree
10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I have started to put a clause in my contracts stating 'Plumber is to supply all fixtures'

this builder has no control of his jobs and is letting the homeowners dictate more than they should...he has 2 problem jobs right now

this current customer started out suppling their own kitchen sink and it moved onto the laundry sink....then it was the powder room sink....and now its the powder room faucet...its my markup im losing....which is part of my profit......when he called about the faucet i first said 'i will not install the faucet'....then after some time i backed down.....im still angry...the homeowner knows my rules and so does the builder....they dont care...

im either going to raise my prices dramatically or not work with him again...

im considering adding the lost markup onto the fixture allowance.

any suggestions?....ive been paid up to date on this job, so i think i should have stuck to my guns and said that someone else will install the faucet and also get the permit for it. since they are ignoring my contract i could ignore it too and walk away...the money for the finish isnt much.

Steve B
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
If you feel this way, you shouldn't have backed down. Since you already backed down, it doesn't sound very ethical to do some of the other things you mentioned (except not working for him again).

KristineS
10-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd say all you can do is chalk this up to a lesson learned and not work with the guy in the future. The time to take a stand would have been when they first mentioned the change. Then you could have brought up your signed contract and the provisions in it. Once you've allowed them to disregard the provisions, it is kind of hard to go back and try and enforce them.

huggytree
10-13-2009, 08:45 PM
best just to dump this builder..

sounds like now he's going to want me to come back 3-4 times to finish a kitchen, powder room, laundry room remodel....instead of working 3 hours and being done he's going to have me working 1 hour at a time..my fixtures arent ready because the homeowner waited too long to order, homeowner got a great deal on a cooktop(missing parts)(have to wait to order), power room vanity isnt done, powder room floor isnt done.

Im putting my foot down on 2 trips...i will charge $155 per extra trip after that....i should have not backed down on the faucet....i have nothing to lose anymore with him...he probably wont use me again and i wont bid if he asks....its the 3rd bad job from him. ..He only gets crappy customers...