PDA

View Full Version : Quickie: changed a color on my website

Spider
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I just slightly lightened the background color on my website - LIFE COACH, Business Coach and Personal mentor - Frederick Pearce, Houston, Texas (http://frederickpearce.com/)

... when I look at my monitor straight-on the background is a creamy - light gold color. When I look at it from above - tilting the screen towards me - the background color pales to almost white. But when I tilt the screen away from me, the background takes on a sickly pale yellow-with a green tinge.

I imagine this is about the monitor (HP Pavilion laptop) rather than code, but what do you see on your monitors?

(If it makes any difference, I am using #fffdcd)

Harold Mansfield
10-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I just slightly lightened the background color on my website - LIFE COACH, Business Coach and Personal mentor - Frederick Pearce, Houston, Texas (http://frederickpearce.com/)

... when I look at my monitor straight-on the background is a creamy - light gold color. When I look at it from above - tilting the screen towards me - the background color pales to almost white. But when I tilt the screen away from me, the background takes on a sickly pale yellow-with a green tinge.

I imagine this is about the monitor (HP Pavilion laptop) rather than code, but what do you see on your monitors?

(If it makes any difference, I am using #fffdcd)

Spider, you are funny. Of course it's the monitor and the angle that you are viewing it.
I see a "creamy-light gold color".

Spider
10-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Good. I was worried that what I thought was a nice, cuddly, confidence-building, abundance-inducing, soft suedey-gold was appearing to others as light vomit!

Such color-changes didn't happen on my old desktop monitor.

I am relieved - thanks.

vangogh
10-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Frederick that's typical for computer monitors. I've done the same thing where I really liked how a color looked at one angle and then didn't like it at another. Just part of the fun of the online world.

Paper Shredder Clay
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah it is very frustrating dealing with colors and different monitors. Its like printing on a bunch of different types of paper and hoping the colors look the same. What makes things worse is PCs uses 72dpi and Mac can utilize a few more dpi around 92dpi, then you have matte monitors and glossy monitors.

cbscreative
10-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Yep, part of the fun. I would also point out that HP has a nasty habit of skimping on monitor quality, so that could also be part of the problem (although all LCD's have limits in viewing angles).

dynocat
10-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I have a Dell and MultiSync monitor. On the Dell it looks pale yellow--sans vomit tinge. :) On the other it looks more of a cream beige.

orion_joel
10-17-2009, 09:19 PM
You will probably find the same effect with almost any colour, even the grey on the right hand side where your username is displayed gets darker or lighter depending on the angle of the screen.

camp185
01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I would make that line underneath the header image the same color as your Be Satisfied image.