PDA

View Full Version : small business forum broken?

rezzy
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
So, as I have been around. It seems things arent as they are suppose to be. Images for links havent loaded, on occassion the quick reply never refreshes, but it updates the site.

Has anyone else encountered such problems? Or am I lone ranger?

KristineS
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I haven't seen any issues, but I haven't been here in a couple hours.

vangogh
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I haven't seen anything either. What are you noticing?

I know there were some issues with the server on Saturday. I was getting messages that the site was down and then back up again. Each time everything was working by the time I got the message and since the messages stopped on Sunday I stopped looking into it.

Let me know what you're seeing. Could you point me to specific threads, posts, pages, images, etc. that aren't working?

rezzy
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Everything looks fine to me now. But noticed the problem on the "New Posts" area. The images just were not popping up and instead I got text links. I cant seem to get the problems again, but Ill let you know if I do.

vangogh
10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks Bryan. Maybe it was connected to whatever happened over the weekend or maybe it was one of those temporary glitches. Glad to know things are working now, but do let me know if it happens again.

Paper Shredder Clay
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I've never had any problems with this forum; must have been a temp server prob.

vangogh
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah things do happen from time to time. Hopefully this was just a temporary glitch.

jamestl2
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I've actually encountered that issue too, but not on this forum exclusively, it only happens when I use FF on my home machine. A variety of forums / blogs I visit don't have the images load immediately, but whenever I hover over them, they'll appear most of the time.

Not sure why it's just here at home through Firefox though...

vangogh
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Come to think of it I've seen something similar. I can't remember if the images come back when I hover over them. I think I usually refresh the page once or twice. And it does seem to only be an FF thing.

I'll have to research it and see if there's any info out there. Sounds like it's not just vBulletin forums and it also happens on blogs. Maybe something database related or how FF caches dynamic pages.

Bryan might be happy to know it's not just him.

cbscreative
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Sometimes I question the FF default to automatically update the browser. It's good in the sense that it keeps most users current, but the updates often introduce new bugs. I'm glad when members report issues here because that really does help. If nothing else, the FF developers hopefully troll the forums looking for threads like this.

rezzy
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Bryan might be happy to know it's not just him.
I am. Let me/us know if you find anything about it.

I recently switched ISPs and tend to think the ISP had not cached the site yet. We had a problem accessing another site, so I believe that might be a source of it.