PDA

View Full Version : Steve_B; Dog question

billbenson
10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Steve, I have a 9lbs yorkie and I want to get a bark collar. Do you have a brand you recommend?

Steve B
10-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately not. I tried a couple that were designed for the small dogs and they didn't work. I think I was 0 - 3 on the collars for the small dogs - so I don't even try anymore.

However, I can tell you how to train him/her not to bark. It's very effective and takes about 5 minutes.

billbenson
10-11-2009, 01:15 AM
I'll take you up on the training. Do you need info from me or how do you want to do this?

Steve B
10-11-2009, 08:31 AM
A phone call would probably be best.

502-314-7398

I've got an installation this afternoon, but you're welcome to call this evening up until 8pm.

Spider
10-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Disappointed! I was hoping to read about it here - this is information I could use.

Steve B
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM
The situations will be so varied - that it would be hard to give a blanket lesson via a post.

But, the offer for free dog training advice applies to anyone on the forum. Feel free to give me a call.

billbenson
10-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Steve, I PM'd you with my phone.

Here are my specifics as it may be similar to others situations.

3 yo boxer - champion bloodlines, male. No real problems with him. Sit, heel, friendly, really a nice dog. I like boxers and this is my third BTW.
2 yo Silky Terrier (similar to a yorkie, male neutered). Got him from a dog shelter. Sits, heels next to a bike, kinda comes. Scared though. Reacts to fear or surprise by biting. Recently he has been barking more and more. I suspect boredom has something to do with it as I have been working a lot and my wife has been on a 2 month vacation. He is housebroken but has also been scenting the house lately. He's the dominant dog.