PDA

View Full Version : Texting drivers

TVCDiane
02-25-2021, 03:23 PM
We are a charter bus company. We have a contract in the summer to pick up passengers from the train and transport to the hotels. What we run into is that the train is not always on time and we have to then contact drivers for changes. This is time consuming. Currently, our dispatcher needs to call drivers to see who is available (up to 25 busses) with initial information. Then if we get notification that the train is late, she needs to re-call each of them. Before co-vid she started using her cell and texting everyone. We're wondering if there is software for the computer that she can type the message and help with this contacting. During the shutdown, we have also changed to VOiP phone system and although the sales people said that we could do this with this system, it appears that we have to find and enter each contact individually. We are hoping there is a system that shows all contacts and she would just have to run through the list picking the drivers for each particular trip. Any suggestions that won't cost a fortune :)

Thank you
Diane

Business Attorney
03-04-2021, 06:49 PM
It sounds like your problem isn't too different than any taxi company would have dispatching taxis to different locations. I imagine ride sharing companies like Uber and Lyft have their own proprietary software but there are thousands of small taxi companies who must have needs somewhat similar to yours. Have you checked that angle?

TVCDiane
03-09-2021, 12:05 PM
It sounds like your problem isn't too different than any taxi company would have dispatching taxis to different locations. I imagine ride sharing companies like Uber and Lyft have their own proprietary software but there are thousands of small taxi companies who must have needs somewhat similar to yours. Have you checked that angle?
Thank you...exactly! You are right. WE have been directed to a program called "Dial My Calls". It looks like just what we are looking for and are going to give it a try.