PDA

View Full Version : bad luck streak

huggytree
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
1. van got robbed, lost credit cards, drivers license (1 week before vacation)
2. had to work night shift night 1 day before vacation...was tired and left cell phone in pocket...wife put it in the laundry....had to get a new cell phone as i was leaving town to go on vacation.lost all my stored phone #'s
3. middle daughter got flu 4 days into vacation...I was exposed 2x to swine flue while at hospital in Florida(people caughed on me)
4. rental car broke down on the way to the air port..at first they blamed me for leaving the lights on and told me to call AAA....When i called back and explained that all the power options still worked they sent a new car (2.5 hours later)
5. rental car Co. wanted to charge me for returning the car 1 hour late(we just made the flight)
6. got back into town with a full schedule....got the FLU!!!!...now im working 12 hour days through the weekend to catch up...

ive also been having tons of call backs for silly/weird problems....those odd things beyond my control....parts ive used for years are failing...defective...im wondering if the economy is cheapening them? or am i over worked....hmmmmm

First 4 days of vacation were good atleast....Daughter got to eat at Cinderella's castle....then spent the last 3 days throwing up and screaming...its day 7 of throwing up for her....she now has nemonia and an ear ache.....3rd time at the doctor today...

greenoak
09-30-2009, 11:48 PM
hang in there huggy....its so bad when a child is sick....plus so much at once....
ann

vangogh
09-30-2009, 11:59 PM
That's some bad luck. Hopefully it means there will be a string of good luck coming your way to balance things out.

Hang in there. The bad luck won't last.

lav
10-01-2009, 12:56 AM
The more you think you are unlucky the more bad luck you have.

My eleven year old son taught me a valuable lesson after he had cancer for 3 years.

He said "when it all started everyone told me I was unlucky to get so sick, the more I thought I was unlucky the more I got sick. When camp quality and The Starlight Foundation did all those good things for me, my friends all said I was lucky to be able to do that. I started feeling that I was lucky instead of unlucky and I started to get better"

He got to meet famous people, swim with dolphins at seaworld, we got corporate box seating at NRL games, a weeks holiday with special passes to all the themes parks on the Gold Coast, now that he is better he is able to go to all the camp quality camps with the most recent being a trip to a ski resort. So for someone who others would see as unlucky to have had cancer he sees it as he is lucky to have had cancer because he got to do stuff and meet people that others would only dream of doing.

So huggy maybe you would feel better if you put your bad luck into a different perspective for example your stolen license might not be so bad because you now have the opportunity to get a new one with a better looking picture, youve got a new phone (cool I like new stuff) and you had a fantastic 4 day holiday. You were LUCKY that the rental car people didnt charge for the late fees, you were LUCKY to make your flight on time, you were LUCKY to make it home safely, and you are LUCKY that your kids will be all better soon once they are over their sickness......

vangogh
10-01-2009, 02:45 AM
I like you're thinking Jason. It's a spin on always look at the bright side of things. It's something I try to do as much as I can. It's amazing how much our reality is shaped by our perception of our reality

Patrysha
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a horrid experience.

Oddly enough, that has always been one of my fears...that we would plan a big vacation trip (it would be a big vacation trip to us as we are not ones that have yearly planned vacations and for us it is a really big trip to Disney) and one or all of the boys would get sick along the way.

huggytree
10-01-2009, 09:06 PM
bad luck continues...bird pooped on my head today while i was sitting outside eating lunch.....

rezzy
10-01-2009, 09:22 PM
i bet the bird pooping on you is the end. it always takes one last thing to say, things could always be worse.

the good news is, all these things will past and you can move forward better for the experience!

Spider
10-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Where I come from getting pooped on by a bird is a sign of GOOD luck!

So Jason's post is right on. Good post, Jason. (Rep points given.) In the self improvement/personal development world, that is called Transformational Vocabulary. Good job!

billbenson
10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I was in a breakfast meeting once. White shirt / tie in the courtyard of a fancy hotel. Bird pooped in my coffee. I was covered with coffee.

I don't buy the bird poop is good luck thing.

huggytree
10-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Almost hit a deer this morning....havent come that close in over 15 years

is that good luck that i didnt hit him, or bad luck that i almost hit him?

vangogh
10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
good luck for the deer I'd say :)

Most everything has good and bad in it. Whether you see it as good or bad overall is really up to you.

Spider
10-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Good luck that the deer didn't poop in your coffee! :D

huggytree
10-03-2009, 08:02 AM
in 10 minutes im going back to the inner city job where i got my van robbed....im sure hoping the bad luck streak is over.

i know good luck & bad luck is not real, but it sure seems that way sometimes....

vangogh
10-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Good luck in the inner city. Yeah it does feel that way about luck sometimes.

Evan
10-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Good luck that the deer didn't poop in your coffee! :D

HAHAH! That's pretty good, hah! :D

huggytree
10-04-2009, 09:04 PM
didnt have any problems on my inner city job

worked all weekend long (10 hour days) to catch up from my vacation....

no poop
no deer

didnt chop any fingers off....

hopefully my normal good luck will begin now!