PDA

View Full Version : Web Host With Unlimited Incoming / Outgoing Bandwidth?

KingHippo
08-16-2008, 04:59 PM
The majority of my products are going to be huge downloads, probably about 1 GB per download. With that said, I was wondering if any web host out there supports a flat free for unlimited incoming / outgoing bandwidth? Also, something that supports streaming video would be good.

billbenson
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
You might want to see who the popular hosts are on some of the adult web sites or sites that sell software. Both use a lot of bandwidth. Find some sites that aren't self hosted but use a lot of bandwidth and do a whois. I forget if the whois shows hosts, but they show nameservers which usually tells you where its hosted.

pete
08-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I can help you out. No problem, how much storage will you need? My server people even promote just what you are asking for. Everything unlimited except the storage and number of domains, but they can be whatever you want.

mvd
08-18-2008, 04:55 AM
i used to be involved with very high bandwidth video sites etc. One provider we used that I would recommend is steadfast: Steadfast Networks (http://steadfast.net/)

cbscreative
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
You might want to see who the popular hosts are on some of the adult web sites
One problem with this advice is people associated with this kind of material are prone to Spamming and several other forms of bad behavior. Being hosted on the same servers with the likes of these often leads to guilt by association. If you are hosted on servers with bad rep, you could easily find your emails getting bounced because Spam filters have the IP blacklisted. I recommend checking the TOS for any hosting company you're considering and making sure they have strict policies against such things. It could save you a lot of grief.

pete
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
The only way to do this would be with a dedicated IP. A standalone situation. Still, possible, however.

Harold Mansfield
08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
I use Web Air. I have no limits on bandwidth, or domains. My account has 5 Dedicated IP's, and the support is great ! They have support for just about every platform you can imagine including what you need.
I swear by them. They came highly recommended and even dedicated hosting is very affordable.

orion_joel
08-19-2008, 02:19 AM
One that you may consider checking if you can find out who they host with is some of the different personal development sites. Many of these can sometimes offer fairly large download based programs. A couple of different ones that i have signed up for have had programs ranging between 500mb and 1GB to download. Some i have seen offer even large archives of downloads.

This sort of hosting request i would assume is actually more requested then you may think, and while many people may associate this type of site with adult sites and the such there are a huge number of reputable sites that require these sort of unlimited accounts.