PDA

View Full Version : University Small Business Study

e.cordner
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi there,

I'm currently doing a project at university studying the success factors for small businesses. I would very much appreciate it if you could take a minute to vote on this topic as part of my research.

Thanks for your time

Evan
09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Continuous Improvement.

Is this suppose to be some sort of empirical research study? Might need more background information if you think these results will actually be useful in legitimate research.

Of course this is probably an undergraduate study, so who I am to judge :-)

e.cordner
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
You're right, it is an undergrad study, my main specific research is complete, but I wanted to get a general idea of people's views

vangogh
09-28-2009, 01:38 AM
I voted continuous improvement as well, but only because it was the best of the available solutions. To me it's all important. I don't know that there's any one thing that's the most important to the success of a small business. Continuous improvement is the most general option and so could include many things.

Steve B
09-28-2009, 03:28 AM
I voted "Other". Tenacity would be my first choice. Drive, Passion, Focus, Lunacy are other factors that come to mind that would be ahead of those listed.

Dan F
09-28-2009, 03:38 AM
I vote for Continuous Improvement. If a business stops improving, it's dead. So I guess it's the most important factor off them listed. But there's much much more to that :)

Patrysha
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
I voted other...like Fence Steve, I think lunacy and other factors are more predictive of success than the other choices on the list. Continuous improvement is vital, but you have to have a base you can improve on...

nealrm
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
I selected "other" because none of the choice hit the most importance success factors. The key to any small business is planning, with that goes managing cash flow.

billbenson
09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
I voted continuous improvement, but that is also kind of for lack of better options. Very important though.

KristineS
09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I voted other. I think all the things listed are important, but the most important is a belief in what you're trying to accomplish and a willingness to work hard to accomplish it. Without that, you probably won't make it.

dynocat
09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I voted continuous improvement. Along with that I'd throw in preventing burnout. It does get old. Or maybe it's just me getting old! :)