PDA

View Full Version : Does Google Penalize My Site for using this WordPress Widget?

sondich
05-09-2019, 09:28 AM
For a while I've been using "Auction Nudge" (no affiliation) to showcase some of my eBay offerings on the sidebar of my web pages.

I can't find anything online that says it's bad for SEO and Google Search Console hasn't given me any warnings. However, I've started to wonder if Google considers any direct sales-related efforts as a small knock against the page's credibility/authority.

The widget does not appear tacky or over-the-top, in my opinion. For reference, page is here (https://www.commercialforestproducts.com/black-limba-white-limba/).

Thoughts?

Harold Mansfield
05-10-2019, 06:31 AM
I'm going to say confidently, "No". I used a similar widget back in the day to sell DJ equipment and no issues. eCommerce is the backbone of the web. Google is not going to penalize you for just using the web normally.
The only technical penalty to be concerned with is if the widget makes your page load slower, throws off your page's responsiveness, has some questionable coding issues such as malware, or redirects in a way that makes it look suspect.

Other than that selling on your site is absolutely fine and expected.

sondich
05-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Thanks for your help. I will leave it up.