PDA

View Full Version : Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership seminar

nealrm
09-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I attended Dave Ramsey's EntreLeadership seminar yesterday (9/22) and was very impressed. The material was relevant to small businesses and well presented. Dave was full of energy and did the entire presentation himself. It covered topics from finance to hiring to managing employees. Since it was a 1 day event, none of the topics was covered in huge detail, but the major points were hit.

For those of you running or thinking about starting a business, I would recommend attending. Here is a link to information on the seminar (http://www.daveramsey.com/entreleadership/).

rezzy
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like it was great event. I see there was a cost associated with the event. One thing that hits me about these types of conferences/ seminars is, they present a great amount of knowledge, but is it first all pertinent, would you be better served by finding it on your own? Lastly, was it worth the cost?

Ive come across seminars to learn different programming languages, but this can be learned by getting your hands in the code and learning as you go. Its the two competing thoughts and the price point for this conference seems reasonable.

nealrm
09-23-2009, 11:54 AM
For me the info was 100% pertinent and I think that would hold roughly true for most small business. As for finding the information elsewhere. Sure you can do that, nothing he said is new groundbreaking news. He even states that. However, the material was well presented and well condenced. You would send much more in time trying to find all the information elsewhere.

I would agree on the one day programing seminars. There is to much detail involved with programing to make a short seminar worth while.

(Personnel note: if someone tries to sell you a "New" business model, run away quickly)

Spider
09-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Costwise, I have always found that Dave Ramsey gives his seminars through and at local churches so the cost is very, very reasonable. Compared to the enormous charges levied by the likes of Tony Robbins, Ramsey's functions are cheap.

Not saying Tony Robbins is not worth the money - most attendees claim they are, and line up for the next one. But Dave Ramsey has found a way to reach his target audience with much lower overheads, which he passes on by way of much lower prices.

nealrm
09-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Spider, The seminars given through the church are a good deal. However, those deal with handling personnel finances and getting out of debt. The one above was for small business owners.

Paper Shredder Clay
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I have a great respect for Dave Ramsey. He seems to have a good motive. How much was his seminar for Small Businesses and does he have a video for it, if you can't make it to the event?