PDA

View Full Version : Want to design a website?

JackAbram
03-06-2019, 04:05 AM
I want to design a new website for my business, anyone suggests me which is a free tool or software to design a website.

Harold Mansfield
03-06-2019, 06:47 AM
I want to design a new website for my business, anyone suggests me which is a free tool or software to design a website.
Look at Wix, or Squarespace.

If you've never designed a website, you're not going to get up to speed on any software well enough, or fast enough to pull it off and do it well.
Use one of the drag and drop site builders if you want to do it yourself.

Willie Posey
03-12-2019, 09:31 AM
First of all, you need to be skilled in website design and development (basic skills). You can create a website with Weebly, GoDaddy as well as Wix.

davidlee21
03-14-2019, 04:17 PM
You can use wordpress, there are plenty of themes available on it

turboguy
03-14-2019, 10:29 PM
To me these are the options you could think about. One is one of the places like Wix or Square Space. They have templates that make it very easy to create a web site. I have no first hand experience with them but they may have some cheap or free options but I think you will find they are not worth it. I think the fees are around $ 20.00 a month.

You could buy hosting on some place like GoDaddy or Hostgator and probably get a package for $ 3 to $ 5.00 a month and Godaddy has a free site builder that is probably easy to use. Hostgater probably does as well. Neither are my first choice in hosting but they are ok.

The other option would be to use WordPress. WordPress itself is free but you do need a hosting account. There are tons of free templates you can use. You do need a hosting account somewhere. There are two wordpress versions. One is at WordPress.com and the other at WordPress.org. You want the one from WordPress.org which can be installed with one click from most any hosting account. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube that show step by step how to create a site with WordPress. My recommendation would be WordPress. My favorite free theme is Vantage.

singhabhishek251
04-15-2019, 08:01 PM
I think You should start with Wordpress as you will get a vast community to support you and you can do almost everything with that. There are 90% websites in the world using wordpress platform. There are other platform like wix and blogger but wordpress will be much better to invest time on for your website design..

jennykays
08-08-2019, 06:55 AM
I can help you to find the right firm for your design ? i have one company in mind there go's by the name of Branex they are bet in market.

jagreen34
11-08-2019, 09:17 PM
These are all solid answers. I have consulted with several very small micro businesses that decided to go the route of Wix and or Squarespace excetera. My general experience with these are 2 fold First, if you have no or little design experience, copy writing experience, and landing page optimization you will succeed in creatung a website that looks like you have no experience. Additionally the website will not convert.

Secondly, in regards to search engine optimization and the technical side of it. Wix and Squarespace Builders along with GoDaddy or anything else and above is not going to help you to sort through the technical on Page search engine optimization questions that you need to address. These will include things like page speed, meta descriptions, SEO titles, H1 and header tags, along with optimization.

Sure in the end you can pay 30 to $40 a month for Infinity until the prices go up. For an effort that won't do the job until you hire someone to do on page SEO. Or you can go ahead and pay someone that may not do custom web design but he is working with WordPress and other affordable platforms that'll do you a website for you for anywhere from a thousand to $3,500 depending on your need.

I can almost guarantee you the experience and quality will get from one of those Explorer expensive and initial investments will far outweigh the savings you incur short-term with a builder.

That's just my two cents.
Jeff

SkyWriting
11-16-2019, 05:34 AM
These are all solid answers. I have consulted with several very small micro businesses that decided to go the route of Wix and or Squarespace excetera. My general experience with these are 2 fold First, if you have no or little design experience, copy writing experience, and landing page optimization you will succeed in creatung a website that looks like you have no experience. Additionally the website will not convert.

Secondly, in regards to search engine optimization and the technical side of it. Wix and Squarespace Builders along with GoDaddy or anything else and above is not going to help you to sort through the technical on Page search engine optimization questions that you need to address. These will include things like page speed, meta descriptions, SEO titles, H1 and header tags, along with optimization.

Sure in the end you can pay 30 to $40 a month for Infinity until the prices go up. For an effort that won't do the job until you hire someone to do on page SEO. Or you can go ahead and pay someone that may not do custom web design but he is working with WordPress and other affordable platforms that'll do you a website for you for anywhere from a thousand to $3,500 depending on your need.

I can almost guarantee you the experience and quality will get from one of those Explorer expensive and initial investments will far outweigh the savings you incur short-term with a builder.

That's just my two cents.
Jeff
Jeff is correct. Converting your visitors "into action" is the goal of any page. Best is one page - one intended action.

Seek out the smallest action step for the best results.

For example, if you desire a name and email address.
Asking for the name first, with a "Thanks Ted!" response, then asking for the email to you can send them something of value
will work better than asking to fill out two fields at once. But still, test this. Test everything.

journalist55
02-25-2022, 05:04 PM
Wordpress is good!

journalist55
02-25-2022, 05:04 PM
I have used Wix as well and Wordpress, both are good and pretty easy to use!